31 Easy Dinner Recipes for October
How delicious are harvest vegetables? This month, we are loving pumpkin, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and more!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fall means harvest time, which means pumpkins, apples and more just waiting to be used in your recipes! With our collection, you'll have 31 new ones to try out. Below, you'll find amazingly-easy dinner ideas that will satisfy all your appetizer, side, and main course needs. If you wait all year long to taste that sweet fall harvest, this is the perfect collection of easy dinner recipes for you!
Soups. cheesy casseroles, hearty sheet pan dinners, pot pies and more can be found below, and we can wait to dig in! If you comfort food, fall is the season for you. We're just here to help by collecting some of our favorite dishes for you try out during the month of October and beyond.
Fabulous Fall Soups
If you ask me, fall is the perfect time of year for soup. Not only are there amazing ingredients to use, but there's just something about a hot bowl of soup that screams, "comfort food." Whether it's butternut squash, pumpkin, or pear you love, any one of the delicious soup recipes below is sure to get you in the fall spirit.
Editor recommendation: Red Pepper Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons - If you're a grilled cheese and tomato soup lover, this is a fun take on that recipe you won't be able to put down!
- Red Pepper Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons
Served at room temperature on a warm day or served warm on a cool late summer evening.
- Pumpkin and Pear Soup
The easy soup recipe comes together incredibly quick, but tastes like it took hours of simmering on the stove.
- White Bean Stew
Made with ground beef, Great Northern beans, tomato, onion, red pepper flakes, spinach, and Italian spices, this is one hearty stew you won't want to miss.
- Copycat Panera Autumn Squash Soup
If you've ever tried the Autumn Squash Soup at Panera Bread, you know how delicious and flavorful it is.
- Slow Cooker Reuben Soup
If you are a fan of reuben sandwiches, then you are going to adore this soup recipe. It's everything that you love about the sandwich, but it's in soup form!
- Creamy Cabbage Soup
What sets this Creamy Cabbage Soup apart is that it's an easy soup recipe that's creamy thanks to the addition of milk and cream.
If you need ideas for the spookiest night of the year, check out our collection: 100+ Halloween Recipes: A Monstrous Menu
Fall Favorite Sides & Appetizers
Fall means harvest time and holiday food. And what's better at any holiday table than sides and appetizers? They really bring the meal together. For me, the best sides are cheesy, gooey and ultra comforting. We're talking mac and cheese, pasta, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. All of these recipes (and more, less carb-filled ones) can be found below. Enjoy!
Editor recommendation: Puff Pastry Baked Brie with Pears - This dish brings together literally ALL my favorite things. Bread, cheese, and fruit. If you're looking for an easy-to-make, crowd-pleasing appetizer, this is the one.
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
After you try this Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe, you'll never think of these tasty green morsels the same way again.
- Marvelous Maple Bacon Mac and Cheese
When your dinners become dull, give this Marvelous Maple Bacon Mac and Cheese a try.
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Fall is the season for all things pumpkin-flavored! These Pumpkin Dinner Rolls are the perfect side for any meal throughout the autumn months.
- Puff Pastry Baked Brie with Pears
The easy appetizer recipe has a rich pear filling made with sherry, brown sugar, and nutmeg.
- Yummy Cheesy Taco Stuffed Mushrooms
Easy to make cheesy taco stuffed mushrooms, a perfect appetizer. Plus they freeze well and can be made ahead of time!
- Sweet Potato Mac 'n' Cheese
Mac 'n' cheese doesn't really need an upgrade, but that's not going to stop us from trying. And we have to say, after tasting this sweet potato mac 'n' cheese recipe, we are very glad that we did.
- Chipotle Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadillas
Pre-slow cooked sweet potatoes are mixed with chipotle peppers, black beans and cheese in quesadillas.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheesy Bites
Once you've tried them, you may find yourself craving these tasty tasty little balls.
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Bacon
The combination of tangy cider vinegar, salty soy sauce, sweet onions, and smokey bacon makes this German side dish absolutely addictive.
- Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Sausage cornbread stuffing is rich, flavorful, and the perfect combination of hearty and fluffy.
If you haven't baked an apple pie yet this fall, here's your chance. Take a look at these 12 Homemade Apple Pie Recipes
Fall-Inspired Dinner Recipes
These hearty mains will fill you up and completely satisfy your cravings for all things fall. From a tasty pork chop sheet pan dinner dressed with apples and onions to butternut squash stuffed pasta shells baked with alfredo sauce and comforting chicken pot pie, these easy fall dinner recipes will remind you why this season is one of the very best for foodies.
Editor recommendation: Super Stuffed Acorn Squash - This is one of my favorite things to make as a Thanksgiving side dish, but it works well for any meal. Perfect for vegetarians, this dish brings savory, hearty flavors to your plate with ease. Depending on the size of the squash, this can be made as a main dish or a side.
- Perfect Chicken Schnitzel
Chicken schnitzel is one of those foods that everyone is always happy to see on the dinner menu.
- Slow Cooker Golden Mushroom Pork and Apples
This traditional pork chop recipe has all the tasty trimmings you'd expect, and even some you might not!
- Guinness Chili
Guinness chili is filled with hearty ingredients and bold flavors and is perfect for a casual dinner or a large party!
- Chicken Thighs With Honeyed Apples
Simple chicken recipes are perfect for any day of the week. Enjoy this salty and sweet masterpiece.
- Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
If you fell in love with the Salisbury steak frozen dinner when you were younger, you'll definitely love this homemade version better.
- Butternut Squash Alfredo Baked Shells
Jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with a creamy filling of Alfredo and butternut squash, seasoned with a few cloves of garlic.
- Braised Pork with Pears
The braised pork is incredibly easy to prepare and doesn't require very much attention as it cooks in the oven.
- Super Stuffed Acorn Squash
It's time to start branching out to exciting and flavorful side dishes. There's no reason a side can't be as good as the main course!
- Chili-Lime Chicken & Sweet Potato Skillet
This is one seriously protein-rich dinner. Between the black beans and chicken breast, there is no way you’ll be hungry after this!
- Fall Vegetable Casserole
Warm, hearty and nutritious, this great casserole recipe is a wonderful way to use your autumn garden and capture the flavors of the season.
- Comfort Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken pot pie recipes are an autumn classic because they're comforting, filling and absolutely delicious!
- Crisp and Cozy Pork Chop Pan Dinner
Roasted apples, pearl onions, and thyme are the other main components in this dish and combined.
- Brie, Ham, and Pear Panini
These classic flavors combine to become your favorite comforting sandwich in no time.
If pumpkin is more your taste, check out these 39 Easy Pumpkin Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Party Perfect Strawberry Jell-O is that retro dessert recipe you've been craving for your next big bash. Impress everyone with this… Continue reading: "Perfect Strawberry Jello Saladvideocam"
- 31 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge Free eBook
- Bible Food Recipes: 8 Heavenly Meals Inspired by the Bible
- The Best Funeral Foods: 21 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 30 Good Old Recipes from Grandma's Kitchen
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State Free eCookbook
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 19 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- 10 Recipes Using Apple Pie Filling
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Small Batch Chicken Tamales Without Lard
- Salmon Pasta With Garlic Cream Sauce
- Slow Cooker Lancashire Hotpot
- Chocolate Bottom Banana Cake
- Keto Parmesan Crusted Baked Salmon
- Cream Cheese Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Gnocchi Macaroni And Cheese
- Pickled Eggs(red Beet Eggs)
- Roasted Browned Butter Carrots
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes