Slow Cooker Golden Mushroom Pork and Apples
Slow cooker pork recipes work wonders because pork holds moisture and tenderness so well. This traditional pork chop recipe has all the tasty trimmings you'd expect, and even some you might not! Apples, mushrooms and brown sugar bring a sweet and savory flavor to this completely irresistible dish. Only 10 minutes to prep, and you're on your way to a fantasic meal you won't be able to stop eating until the last bite is gone.
Time-Saving: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a field greens salad tossed with toasted walnuts, blue cheese crumbles and red wine vinaigrette with Texas toast or garlic bread. For dessert serve a fruit and yogurt parfait: layer strawberry yogurt with chunks of pineapple and green seedless grapes, then sprinkle with granola.
Find more awesome Campbell's Kitchen recipes like this on our Campbell's profile page.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time8 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 8 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced (about 2 cups)
Stir the soup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire and thyme in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the pork, apples and onions.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until the pork is cooked through.