Slow-Cooked Chocolate Cappuccino Bread Pudding
Your slow-cooker is good for savory dishes, but this mouthwatering recipe proves that it's great for desserts too. Slow cooker dessert recipes have never been better. Get your chocaholic fix with this heavenly dessert.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time2 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 loaf Pepperidge Farm Farmhouseâ„¢ Hearty White Bread, cut into cubes (about 15 cups)
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
Spray the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray. Place the bread cubes into the cooker.
Beat the milk, heavy cream, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a fork or whisk.
Stir the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder and espresso powder in a medium bowl. Stir into the milk mixture.
Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes. Stir and press the bread cubes into the milk mixture to coat. Sprinkle with the chocolate pieces.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until set.