19 Old West Cowboy Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is nothing more American than the old west. Gun slinging bandits, sheriffs, John Wayne, tumble weed and some good ole cowboy recipes and western cooking are the first things that come to mind when we think of cowboys. Let us be the first to tell you that cowboy recipes are more than just baked beans over an open fire. The west was a vast land where not only cowboys and buffalo roamed, but where some delicious cowboy recipes and western cooking were enjoyed. So round up those kitchen utensils and strap on an apron because this list of delicious cowboy recipes can't be missed. With this collection of 19 Old West Cowboy Recipes, you can travel to the old west anytime by enjoying some delicious, western-style cooking at home.
Plus! Check out this fun and easy video for Layered Texas Trash Dip. It's a great appetizer for a party!
Cowboy Party Food
From homemade guacamole to black bean quesadillas, this list of hearty, cowboy-inspired party food is great for feeding a hungry crowd or for some pre-dinner starters. We love these cowboy appetizer recipes at the beginning of a meal or a party, but we would also eat them at any time. There's something about Western food ideas like this... they just always sound delicious!
Hungry for more? See what our friends over at Cookstr are doing in the kitchen! Enjoy this collection of Tex-Mex Recipes for Every Day!
Cowboy Recipes for Dinner
Cowboys have to sit down to dinner too, and whether that means a steaming pot of beans or a delicious chicken and cornbread casserole, these recipes will be waiting till the cows come home. Well maybe not that long, but you catch our drift. We recommend the BBQ baked beans and the cowboy chili for some delicious lighter options or sides, or if you're really hungry, try the Cast Iron Skillet Hash or the Dump and Go Cowboy Chicken. You can't go wrong with serving old recipes. There's a reason they've lasted this long.
Make it Yours: Cowboy Dinner
What makes a great cowboy dinner recipe? Is it the hearty portions? Or the ground beef or the beans? Maybe it's just a little bit of Southwest flavor.
No matter how you define a cowboy meal, there are a few tricks that you can use to make your own cattle-drive-inspired food at home. Here are a few great ideas:
1. Purchase wagon wheel pasta for an Westward travel theme.
2. Add a side of biscuits of cornbread to your menu. They make great trail food, but they'll taste even better straight from the oven.
3. Add haystack cookies or cactus cookies for dessert. It's easy to trim a watermelon into a cactus shape for a fun Southwest-themed snack.
4. Make pulled pork sliders or ground beef sandwiches for an easy cowboy dinner.
5. Cook baked potatoes in a slow cooker for a super easy Wild West meal that will have everyone saying, "yeehaw!"
Cowboy Recipes for Dessert
Cowboys may have a tough exterior, but they all need a little bit of sweetness in their lives too! That's why we put together this last section of tasty desserts even the most rugged of cowboys (and girls!) will love. From bark you can take with you on the range, to cake you have to come home to the table to savor, these desserts are your ticket to wild sweet yonder.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge Free eBook
- 26 Simple 5-Minute Recipes
- The Best Funeral Foods: 21 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 31 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- RecipeLion's Best of the Year: Our Top 100 Easy Recipes of 2020
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 30 Good Old Recipes from Grandma's Kitchen
- Bible Food Recipes: 8 Heavenly Meals Inspired by the Bible
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Egg Milk Gravy
- Aloo Jeera Rice
- Healthy Turkey Pesto Meatballs
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Spicy Sticky Wings
- Football Stadium Party Tray
- Tomato Kurma Without Coconut
- Garlic Curry Recipe (poondu Kuzhambu)
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes