17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
By: Nathan Maisel, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is nothing more American than the old west. Gun slinging bandits, sheriffs, John Wayne, tumble weed and some good ole cowboy recipes and western cooking are the first things that come to mind when we think of cowboys. Let us be the first to tell you that cowboy recipes are more than just baked beans over an open fire. The west was a vast land where not only cowboys and buffalo roamed, but where some delicious cowboy recipes and western cooking were enjoyed. So round up those kitchen utensils and strap on an apron because this list of delicious cowboy recipes can't be missed. With this collection of 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes, you can travel to the old west anytime by enjoying some delicious, western-style cooking at home.
Cowboy Party Food
From homemade guacamole to black bean quesadillas, this list of hearty, cowboy-inspired party food is great for feeding a hungry crowd or for some pre-dinner starters. After a long day on the trails, it's nice to come home to a table of delicious and filling food.
Hungry for more? See what our friends over at Cookstr are doing in the kitchen! Enjoy this collection of Tex-Mex Recipes for Every Day!
Cowboy Recipes for Dinner
Cowboys have to sit down to dinner too, and whether that means a steaming pot of beans or a delicious chicken and cornbread casserole, these recipes will be waiting till the cows come home. Well maybe not that long, but you catch our drift. We recommend the BBQ baked beans and the cowboy chili for some delicious lighter options or sides, or if you're really hungry, try the Cast Iron Skillet Hash or the Dump and Go Cowboy Chicken.
For some irresistible dessert options straight from the South, try these 9 Sweetest Southern Cake Recipes
Cowboy Recipes for Dessert
Cowboys may have a tough exterior, but they all need a little bit of sweetness in their lives too! That's why we put together this last section of tasty desserts even the most rugged of cowboys (and girls!) will love. From bark you can take with you on the range, to cake you have to come home to the table to savor, these desserts are your ticket to wild sweet yonder.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- Dump and Go Dinners: 22 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + 4 Bonus Dump Desserts
- Our 13 Best Funeral Foods for Those in Need
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
- 31 Easy Dinner Recipes for March
- 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 30 Easy Dinner Recipes for April
- 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Springtime Lemon Peep Brownies
- Rack of Lamb in Parmesan Crust
- Black Grape Smoothie
- Dump-and-Bake Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- Cinnamon Streusel Butter Cake with Caramel Icing
- Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup
- No-Bake Layered Blueberry Cheesecake
- Spicy Pineapple Salad
- Gummy Champagne Hearts