Chicken Thighs With Honeyed Apples
Simple chicken recipes are perfect for any day of the week. Chicken Thighs With Honeyed Apples has a wonderful chunky flavorful sauce that makes a great addition to this simple skillet dish. Enjoy this salty and sweet masterpiece.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 apples, peeled cored, and cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 apple cider
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat canola oil, in large frying pan, over medium heat. Cook chicken about 8 to 10 minutes, turning over once. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add honey, apples and shallots to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cider, sage and de-glaze the pan by boiling and scraping up any brown bits, for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken thighs and keep warm. Boil sauce for a few minutes until sauce is slightly reduced. Place chicken pieces on platter, garnish with fresh sage. Pour sauce into serving dish and pass with chicken.