22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you nostalgic for the good old American fare of the 1950s? It was a time when fast food really took off with now-giants of the industry like McDonald's and KFC, and sitting down with the family for dinner was the norm. You can't time travel, but you can remember days of poodle skirts, juke boxes and diner food with these old fashioned recipes. RecipeLion.com has a collection of 22 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the 1950s that will take you back to when Elvis was king.
Our favorite old fashioned recipes include simple ingredients like ground beef. There wasn't much of a health craze; recipes were made for taste, which makes these easy dinner recipes extra delicious. There's no need to feel guilty about indulging in recipes that remind you of mom or grandma. Let these old fashioned recipes like 1950s Salisbury Steak take you back to the days of your youth. You can also recreate food from your favorite restaurants. Don't forget about the great food they had at the drive-in!
Whether you're taking a trip down memory lane, planning for a 1950s-themed party, or you just want more traditional recipes, our collection won't disappoint you. We even have recipes from some of your favorite TV shows and movies that take place in the 1950s! Characters are always munching on hamburgers and milkshakes, like Danny Zucco and friends in Grease.
22 Old-Fashioned Recipes From the 1950s
Speaking of traditional recipes, you'll love this free eCookbook, 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes.
Does your mom or grandma make timeless recipes from the 1950s? You might not even know that some staples of American cuisine like Macaroni & Cheese became popular then. People also went crazy with Jell-O, which was used in various desserts. They even had Italian and celery-flavored Jell-O to be used in salads. Moms of the 1950s were definitely not afraid of creativity in the kitchen, but they also knew the value of comfort foods. These old-fashioned recipes will give you a tour of the 1950s family table.
- 1950s Style Salisbury Steak
- Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad
- 1950s Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- Grandma's Lazy Daisy Cake
- 1950s Hot Milk Sponge Cake
- 1950s Crown Jewel Dessert
- 7-Up Jello Dessert (Plus: 12 Easy Jello Dessert Recipes)
- Old-Fashioned Beef and Vegetable Soup
- Preacher Cake
- Peppermint Brownie Baked Alaska
- Easy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
Going to the local diner was a major recreational activity for people in the 1950s. It wasn't just a place to grab some grub; it was a community space and people could spend an entire Friday night there. Fast food became popular in the 1950s, and everyone was racing to create the quickest, tastiest hamburger. Now, you can make some of these old fashioned recipes at home.
- Basic Easy Hamburgers (Plus: 23 Great Hamburger Recipes to Try Right Now)
- Oven French Fries
- KFC Inspired Fried Chicken
- Monte Cristo Brunch Sliders
- Diner-Style Meat Loaf
- Classic Diner-Style Sloppy Joes
- Diner-Style Strawberries and Cream Pie
- Copycat Steak N' Shake Chili
Grandma kept dinner affordable. Do like Grandma with the recipes in our free eCookbook, Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Recipes for Dinner.
From Happy Days to Leave It to Beaver, there are certainly a lot of iconic TV shows that take place in the 1950s. Today, we have Mad Men! Although we've progressed since the 1950s, it was a decade with personality. These old fashioned recipes will remind you of greasers, poodle skirts, and hanging out at the drive-in.
- Mel's Diner Chili
- Better Biscuits and Gravy
- Semi-Sweet Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies - Just like June Cleaver's!
- Mad Men Manhattan Cocktail
- Basic Milk Shake - Like the one from Danny and Sandy's date in Grease!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- Dump and Go Dinners: 22 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + 4 Bonus Dump Desserts
- Our 13 Best Funeral Foods for Those in Need
- 30 Easy Dinner Recipes for November
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 11 Vintage Recipes That Will Scare Your Grandkids
- 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge Free eBook
- 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 13 Magical Mason Jar Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Aunt Mildred's
- 11 Delicious Polish Recipes
- Anolon Advanced Bronze Covered Braiser with Rack
- Hearty Shipwreck Casserole
- Amish Whoopie Pie
- Fiesta Classic Ceramic Square Baker
- 10 Simple Sweet Potato Recipes
- Vintage Bread Pudding
- Simple Strawberry Jello Cake Recipe
- How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes