KFC Inspired Fried Chicken
Watch out, Colonel, because this KFC Inspired Fried Chicken is just is good as your crispy chicken recipe (at least, we think so). Made with not-so-secret herbs and seasonings, this fried chicken recipe will leave you coming back for more and enjoying bite after bite. It may not be the original KFC fried chicken, but it sure is tasty. And it's something you can make on your own. If you want to have some more fun, buy a bucket of KFC chicken and have your family do a taste test.
Your favorite southern recipes are now available in one easy, printable place! Check out our free eCookbook of 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken (legs, thighs, breast - whatever preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 tablespoon onion salt
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, oregano, thyme, each
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup or 2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Mix all spice ingredients together with the flour and cornstarch, set aside in large bowl. Beat eggs into water in separate bowl.
Place chicken pieces in an egg mixture just long enough to get saturated (add more water if necessary). Drain, then coat each piece in the flour mixture.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Finish off the chicken by baking it for about 1 hour, or until juices run clear.