RecipeLion's Annual Top 100: Top Recipes of 2016
From appetizers to desserts and casseroles to cake, check out our top 100 recipes of the year!
By: Jamie Garcia, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's that time of year again! Time to recap the most popular recipes of the year according to you, our readers! From casseroles and cake to chicken and slow cooker recipes, we've got it all. In the list below, you're sure to find some of your favorites dishes, and hopefully you'll find some brand new recipes to love too! From breakfast to dinner and everything in between, our top 100 list includes a mix of blogger favorites and our own test kitchen creations. Please enjoy RecipeLion's top 100 recipes of 2016.
Table of Contents
Best Appetizer Recipes, Sides, and Sharables
These are our most popular appetizers, sides and shareable plates of the year. Whether you're in the mood for some delightful crab rangoon, a comforting bowl of soup, or perhaps a pasta salad, you'll find all your favorite recipes of the year below!
Top Breakfast Recipes of the Year
Our top breakfast recipes this year included lots of patries! From doughnuts to cinnamon roll casserole, the obvious choice for breakfast in 2016 was a sweet one. In case you need a savory fix, we've also got a delicious Monte Cristo sandwhich and a hash brown casserole that are out of this world. Check out the best of breakfast below!
Our Best Beef and Chicken Recipes
Beef and chicken reigned supreme in 2016 and were your top choices for protein. Lemon chicken, meatloaf, and goulash are just a few of the comforting dishes you'll find below, although any of these recipes will make a delicious dinner! Go ahead and relive some of the best chicken and beef recipes of the year -- we know we will.
Top Casserole Recipes of the Year
Casseroles were by far the obvious favorite in 2016, and for a great reason -- they're delicious and so easy to make! Our top casserole recipes of 2016 included old classics like Mama's Pizza Casserole, John Wayne Layered Casserole, and Baked Pierogi Casserole. There were a few newcomers as well. You don't have to choose just one, however. Enjoy the most popular casseroles of the year below!
Top Slow Cooker Recipes of the Year
Slow cooker recipes were quite popular this year! From pork chops and casseroles to chicken and meatloaf, these hearty slow cooker meals were the cream of the crop in 2016. If you need something easy to make for dinner tonight, any of these fabulous recipes are sure to please.
The Best Dessert Recipes of the Year
We've finally made it to the list you were all waiting for -- dessert! Cakes were the clear front-runner this year, which will come as no surprise, although a few dessert salads also made the cut. Please enjoy our most popular dessert recipes of the year and treat yourself to one (or three!) -- you deserve it.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Summer Potluck Challenge
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- Our 13 Best Funeral Foods for Those in Need
- 17 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- 22 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- Dump and Go Dinners: 22 Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas + 4 Bonus Dump Desserts
- 30 Charming Old Fashioned Recipes
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- The Best Dinner Recipes, Delicious Desserts & More: 20 Must-Have Recipes
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Peach Sweet Tea
- Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- Teriyaki Pineapple Pork Tenderloin Sliders
- Breakfast Crescent Ring with Sausage & Egg
- Homemade Schezwan Sauce
- Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Orange Creamsicle Mimosa
- Traegar Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Trail Mix Rice Crispy Treats
- Egg & Bacon McMuffin Casserole Egg Bake