31 Easy Dinner Recipes for May
We can decided what we're more excited for. Summer or summer produce! Let these easy dinner recipes be your guide.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With the beginning of May comes the beginning of a new season, and we can't wait to share some recipes that scream "summer" to us. From pulled pork sandwiches to fresh salads these recipes will get you just as excited for a new month as we are!
With fresh and easy ingredients, come delicious flavors that pop. Plus, as the weather starts warming up, you'll be able to break out your grill again and enjoy cookouts and plenty of grilling the whole summer long.
Whether you're cooking a weeknight, family, dinner or looking for Memorial Day meal ideas toward the end of the month, the easy dinner recipes below will give you plenty to savor this month as we get to eat all that juicy, summer, produce. Enjoy!
Easy Appetizer Recipes for May
Once the seasons change, it feels like we're constantly on the hunt for good summer dinner recipes. Getting out of that cold-weather mindset and into a more light, fun, and colorful diet is half the reason we can't wait for warm weather. The easy appetizers below are made with some of the season's best produce, but are still totally comforting and satisfying!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
You can use the most common white button mushrooms for stuffed mushrooms.
- Korean Mini Taco Boats with Spicy Asian Slaw
With sautéed onions, fresh ginger, garlic, sesame oil, ground beef & pork... layered w/spicy Asian slaw.
- Crostini with Fig & Prosciutto
This is the perfect appetizer to have out when all your Turkey Day guests begin to show up.
- Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries
These Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries are coated with a mixture of Parmesan cheese and spices, and then baked until golden.
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Cheese & Garlic
Made with simple and healthy ingredients like goat cheese and garlic, this recipe comes together in minutes.
- Pepper Jack and Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
The combination of the roasted tomatoes, crunchy bacon, and spicy cheese makes this appetizer the perfect comfort food!
- Mediterranean Carrot Dip
This Mediterranean Carrot Dip is super tasty, and it’s a unique dip to serve up for friends and family.
Spoil your Mama with this collection: Top 10 Mother's Day Recipes
Summer Salad Recipes
Even if you're not normally a huge salad fan, these summer salad recipes are worth checking out for flavor alone! Made with delicious fruits and proteins, like pineapple, mango, chicken, and steak, what's not to love? The Bacon Cranberry Salad is also a must try for summer (and really all year round). Let's be honest. If there's bacon in a salad, that's a salad we want to eat.
- Refreshing Orange Summer Salad
Try something a little bit different this summer by adding some unexpected fruit salad recipes to your repertoire.
- Bacon Cranberry Salad
This Bacon Cranberry Salad is an excellent side dish to accompany your Thanksgiving turkey.
- Easy Southern Pea Salad
Along with asparagus, peas are one of the most quintessential spring veggies and they have always been popular with my boys.
- Steak Salad with Chimichurri Sauce
Simply prep some greens, chop up some tomatoes and slice one avocado.
- Thai Vegetable Salad
Since there’s no kitchen at the venue, I needed to prepare something that’s simple and quick to assemble on the spot.
Picnic season is almost here! Get ready with our collection: 9 Mason Jar Salad Recipes
Easy Dinner Recipes for May
Bring on the meat! From chicken and pork to beef and shrimp (okay, that's not meat technically), these recipes are perfect for that transition from spring to summer. Made with bold flavors, like Slow Cooker BBQ Pineapple Pulled Pork and Honey Orange Firecracker Shrimp, these recipes are sure to spice up any outdoor party or weeknight meal. Check out all the taste sensations below!
- Easy Enchilada Casserole
Easy Enchilada Casserole is a fun cross between enchiladas and fajitas, but without all the work.
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Barbecue Chicken
An easy, dump-and-go dinner idea! This Slow Cooker Root Beer Barbecue Chicken is one of our family's favorite slow cooker recipes.
- Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Crispy Potatoes and Broccolini
Cook an entire dinner on one tray with this easy recipe for Sheet Pan Flank Steak with Crispy Potatoes and Broccolini!
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pineapple Pulled Pork
I originally published this slow cooker pulled pork recipe in 2010 when I was just getting comfortable in the kitchen.
- Hawaiian Ham Loaf
Hawaiian Ham Loaf is an old Pennsylvanian Dutch recipe that has been given a touch of Hawaiian taste to it.
- Dump-and-Bake Cajun Chicken Pasta
This creamy Dump-and-Bake Cajun Chicken Pasta is so fast because you don’t even have to boil the noodles!
- Chicken Thai Basil with Zucchini Noodles
It’s a savory, filling and super nutritious dinner that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes.
- Pho With Zucchini Noodles
With bone broth on hand, to make a good pho, all you need to do is to toast a couple cinnamon sticks, star anise, and whole cloves in a saucepan.
- Mushroom and Cheese Lasagna
It turned out that it could feed four persons and after our dinner, I packed one quarter for work lunch for the other day.
- Hot Chicken Salad
If you asked me to name one dish from my childhood - only one - it would have to be this Hot Chicken Salad. It's an 80's dinnertime staple, complete with cream of canned soup and cornflakes on top.
- Skinny Cheeseburger Casserole
Sate any fast food and burger cravings with this tasty and healthy happy skinny cheeseburger casserole.
- Shrimp Scampi with Gnocchi and Asparagus
Using one sheet pan, enjoy a delicious and healthy dinner of lemony shrimp scampi, gnocchi and asparagus.
- Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
This Philly cheesesteak recipe combines tasty sliced veggies, beef steak, and more to make one tasty lunch or dinner idea.
- Italian Fresh Herb Baked Fish and Chips
Italian Fresh Herb Baked Fish and Chips, a delicious healthy family dinner recipe, fresh herbs, olive oil and baked make it perfect.
- BBQ Beef Biscuits
We get a bit tired of just meatloaf and meatballs when it comes to ground beef/turkey dishes.
- Honey Orange Firecracker Shrimp
Honey Orange Firecracker Shrimp is sweet, spicy, sticky and crispy and so easy to make you'll throw your Chinese food takeout menus away!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Party Perfect Strawberry Jell-O is that retro dessert recipe you've been craving for your next big bash. Impress everyone with this… Continue reading: "Perfect Strawberry Jello Saladvideocam"
- 31 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge Free eBook
- Bible Food Recipes: 8 Heavenly Meals Inspired by the Bible
- The Best Funeral Foods: 21 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 30 Good Old Recipes from Grandma's Kitchen
- 50 Favorite American Recipes by State Free eCookbook
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 19 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- 10 Recipes Using Apple Pie Filling
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Small Batch Chicken Tamales Without Lard
- Salmon Pasta With Garlic Cream Sauce
- Slow Cooker Lancashire Hotpot
- Chocolate Bottom Banana Cake
- Keto Parmesan Crusted Baked Salmon
- Cream Cheese Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Gnocchi Macaroni And Cheese
- Pickled Eggs(red Beet Eggs)
- Roasted Browned Butter Carrots
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes