Steak Salad with Chimichurri Sauce
"To cook the steak, it’s simple. You could either grill it quickly in a Fusion Cooker or on a gas grill (or you could cook it in a pan on the stove), and then you grill or pan fry some onion rings and mushrooms. Simply prep some greens, chop up some tomatoes and slice one avocado. Throw it all together and display it on a platter or in a salad bowl and drizzle with the chimichurri sauce. That’s it! Your family members or guests will be impressed! And when you want a change, you could make a similar meal with a totally different flavor using my Thai Beef Salad recipe."
NotesRegular Gas Grill Method:
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Season onion rings and mushrooms with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Place onion rings and mushrooms on grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until char marks appear. Remove and set aside.
3. Take steak out of your fridge and let it sit in the room temperature for 5 minutes. Use a paper towel to gently pat the surface of both sides of the steak dry.
4. Brush olive oil on both sides of the steak or use olive oil cooking spray. Generously season the steak with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Place the steak on the grill. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes until the internal temperature of the steak reaches 145°F for medium doneness; 135°F for medium rare and 155°F for medium well. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
6. To assemble, arrange baby spinach and spring mix on the bottom of a large serving plate, followed by the onion rings and mushrooms. Slice the steak against the grain and place on top of the vegetables. Top with cherry tomatoes and sliced avocado. Drizzle the Chimichurri sauce over the steak salad and serve!
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 pound top sirloin steak or flank steak, 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1" rings (Keep them together for grilling.)
- 4 ounces baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 5 ounces baby spinach and spring mix
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup chimichurri sauce
Set the grilling pan on the heating element of a Fusion Cooker. Select "Grill" mode, set the temperature to 445°F and let it preheat for 4-5 minutes.
Take steak out of your fridge and let it sit in the room temperature for 5 minutes. In the meantime, use a paper towel to gently pat the surface of both sides of the steak dry.
Brush olive oil on both sides of the steak or use olive oil cooking spray. Generously season the steak with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Place the seasoned steak on the grilling pan, cover with the metal lid. Set timer for 4 minutes. Flip and grill the other side for 3 minutes until the internal temperature of the steak reaches 145°F for medium doneness; 135°F for medium rare and 155°F for medium well.
Once the steak is done, transfer to a warm plate and cover it with foil. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add onion rings and mushrooms to the grilling pan. No need to wash the pan because you want your vegetables to absorb that steak juice. Cover with the metal lid and grill at 445°F for 4-5 minutes on each side until char marks appear.