The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
Reduce food waste by making one of these recipes that use a lot of eggs.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Maybe it was holiday baking. Maybe it was an amazing farmer’s market (or you raise chickens yourself). Maybe the sale was just too good to pass up.
Now you’re thinking, “I’ve got loads of eggs, what can I make?”
We’ve all been there. For one reason or another, it’s easy to end up with an abundance of eggs and no good ideas about what to do with them.
Luckily, we have some great ideas for how to use up eggs. There’s no need to to let a single one of them go to waste!
We have general suggestions for egg heavy recipes, so you know where to start in your own cookbook collection. We also have a collection of recipes for you to choose from and make. Some of them use up to a dozen eggs at once, so you’ll get through those eggs in no time!
Table of Contents
How to Use Up Eggs
One of the best ways to use up eggs is to find a recipe to make with them. However, there are a few other options as well.
- You can freeze eggs without cooking them first using this method.
- You can make mayonnaise with them, using a recipe like this.
- You can also share them with a friend, or perhaps exchange them for something that they have a lot of. You have extra eggs and they have extra milk? Do a swap and solve your problem.
- Egg breakfast bake
- Egg breakfast sandwiches
- French toast
- Dutch baby pancake
- Pickled eggs
- Deviled eggs
- Quiche or frittata
- Homemade pasta
- Egg salad
- Custard, crème brûlée, or homemade ice cream
- Lemon meringue pie or other meringue desserts, like pavlova
- Cheese or chocolate soufflé
- Homemade eggnog
- Sponge cake or angel food cake
Try another of our smart guides to reducing food waste! How to Use Up Spinach: 41 Smart Ideas and Recipes
Lunch and Dinner Egg Heavy Recipes
These are some of our favorite recipes that use a lot of eggs. It can sometimes be a challenge to think of recipes that aren't just a lot of eggs in a casserole dish, which is why we think that this list will come in very handy.
We have recipes for baked eggs in a casserole dish (because that's delicious), but we also have recipes for gourmet egg salad, delicious baked pretzel sandwiches, and more. You don't have to sacrifice variety when you're struggling with how to use up eggs.
Keep in mind that many of these dishes can be made into freezer meals, so you can enjoy them later. You don't have to eat eggs for every meal just because you decide to cook with them!
Egg Heavy Recipes for Breakfast
Cheesy breakfast casseroles are one way to use up a lot of eggs at once. However, there are also other recipes to choose from. Try one of these French toast bakes or even the Overnight Eggs Benedict for recipes that feel luxurious but are actually very easy to make.
Start with this Caramel Eggnog French Toast Bake!
Dessert and Cake Recipes Using Lots of Eggs
There are a lot of great breakfast and dinner recipes with eggs, but did you know that egg based desserts are also delicious? They're also something you can make when you're completely sick of eating eggs.
You can try both sponge and angel food cakes that use a lot of eggs. Recipes with meringue, like pavlova, can also help make a dent in your egg stash. If you have an ice cream maker, take advantage of the opportunity to make ice cream the old fashioned way, using rich egg custard as the base.
Start your baking fun with this recipe for Famous Chocolate Magic Cake.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserole is one of those easy weeknight meals you can make in a hurry when you have hungry mouths to… Continue reading: "Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserolevideocam"
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
- Homemade Buttermilk Substitute
- How Much Juice is in a Lemon? Get Easy Conversions for Your Recipe!
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
- How to Freeze Eggs
- How to Reheat Meatloaf
- How to Store Cut Onions
- Can You Make Cool Whip Frosting Thicker?
- Do You Peel Zucchini?
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Almond Pesto Paste
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Bars
- Easy Instant Pot German Potato Soup
- King Ranch Chicken (no Canned Soup)
- Seared Tuna Salad Niçoise
- Gouda Spinach Hasselback Chicken
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baked Zucchini Chips Keto Friendly
- Easy Cinnamon Sugar
- Coronation Chicken Sweet Potato Jacket
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes