31 Easy Dinner Recipes for January
Get ready for a new year and a new month of easy dinner recipes!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not make a resolution for the new year that you actually want to keep? Here are 31 Easy Dinner Recipes for January to help you test your culinary skills and get creative in your kitchen.
These easy dinner recipes will not only make you a better chef, they will make you and your loved ones happy, full, and satisfied, and what could be better than that? In this collection, you'll find soups, hearty casseroles, and slow cooker dinners packed with seasonal ingredients.
Whether you want a light meal or a big, hearty one, our meal plan has the perfect option. Serve these dishes to your family and start January off with new, delicious recipes.
Easy Side Dishes
January's easy side dishes include plenty of veggies to keep you on point for your New Year's resolution to eat healthier! Of course, these tasty sides are also hearty to help get you through the coldest parts of winter.
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Who needs bread when you can enjoy your creamy chicken salad in a perfectly crisp romaine lettuce leaf?
- Apple-Glazed Carrots
Adding carrots to your meal is a great way to add vegetables without adding another vegetable casserole.
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Bacon
The combination of tangy cider vinegar, salty soy sauce, sweet onions, and smokey bacon makes this German side dish absolutely addictive.
Easy dinner recipes for every month? You've got it! Check out our collection: 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
Soup and Stew Recipes
The great thing about soups and stews is that you can make a large batch and freeze them so you can reheat and eat them all winter long! These easy soup recipes will warm you up and make lunch or dinner an easy meal to look forward to.
- Hearty Oven Baked Stew
This satisfying dinner idea will please the entire family, so why not add this to your list of great easy stew recipes.
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a simple homemade version of the delicious Olive Garden soup.
- Sweet Potato Chili Pasta
This Sweet Potato Chili Pasta is a one pot dish that's packed with the warm and comforting flavors of the season.
- Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
This soup is cram packed with with ground beef, vegetables, beans, tomatoes, and pasta. This dish is comfort food at it’s finest!
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Loaded with cheese tortellini, herbs, and made in one pot, you can have this rich and flavorful soup ready in less than thirty minutes!
- The King of Chicken Soups
Chicken breast, a variety of delicious spices, and plenty of Velveeta make this soup creamy, cheesy, and full of flavor.
- 30-Minute Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup
Soups are easy meals to throw together quickly. This 30-Minute Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup is a super fast soup that can be eaten for lunch, dinner, or as a starter to a main dish.
- Get Well Soup
This fully loaded vegetable soup is tomato-based and packed with all kind of vitamins and nutrients.
Trying to kick start a healthier you this year? Check out Our 10 Favorite Whole30 Recipes
Easy Casserole Recipes
These easy casserole recipes are crowd-pleasers that can easily feed a large family. Whether you like to throw your leftovers into a dish or make one from scratch, these easy casserole recipes will keep you comforted and full all month long.
- Healthier Lightened-Up Green Bean Casserole
Healthier Lightened-Up Green Bean Casserole has fresh crisp green beans and a lighter sauce than the original green bean casserole. We have also included mushrooms and water chestnuts, which give a nice crunch to the casserole.
- French Onion Soup Casserole
The cheese melts and browns in a perfect layer on top. Best of all, making the soup in a casserole dish makes it so much faster and easier than preparing individual servings.
- Pierogi Casserole
Smooth cream cheese, gooey melted Cheddar, and bits of crunch from the bacon and green onion garnish make this casserole one that you'll crave whenever dinnertime rolls around.
- Jiffy Cornbread Casserole
This recipe uses Jiffy corn muffin mix, and will make your mouth water as soon as you smell it beginning to bake!
For other recipes that will warm your bones this winter, try our "12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes" Free eCookbook
Main Dish Recipes
From pot roast to pasta, chicken, slow cooker meals, and more, the recipes below will make a perfect addition to your dinner table this month. These main dish recipes are hearty and substantial meals to keep warm during the bitter cold of winter. They're also absolutely delicious, so you won't have to worry about anyone growing bored with your meal planning.
- Perfect Pot Roast
Braising is a technique where you first quickly brown a protein and then place it in a large pot with fluid but you don't completely submerge it.
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast Loaded With Garlic and Onions
This pot roast is heavy on the onion and garlic. Whole cloves of garlic are stuffed into the meat, and then it’s smothered with onions and cooked all day.
- Magic Chicken Pie
The ingredients of this versatile recipe may look like a mess, but they undergo a beautiful transformation in the oven.
- Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet
A one pot, Cast-Iron Skillet healthy dinner recipe filled with turkey kielbasa, Brussels sprouts, potatoes and pears.
- Beef Shepherds Pie
I wanted something comforting, something has a lot of veggies as well as meat, preferably soft and reasonably easy to digest.
- Dump-and-Bake Smothered Chicken with Bacon
I know that I’m not alone when I say that I just don’t have a lot of space in my schedule to prepare elaborate meals.
- Spinach Ricotta Slow Cooker Lasagna
Just layer everything in the crockpot and let it cook. Perfectly cheesy and loaded with spinach!
- Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries, Pecans and Butternut
Make the holidays easier with these slow cooker Brussels sprouts with butternut, pecans and cranberries.
- Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta is a lightened up dish that you can serve year round. It is made with shirataki noodles that are perfect for a low carb or gluten free diet.
- One-Pan Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
It’s a similar idea where you marinate chicken and throw the chicken with the marinade on a bed of vegetables when you are ready to bake.
- One Skillet Mongolian Beef with Broccoli
With just one skillet, 20 minutes, and a handful of pantry ingredients, my One Skillet Mongolian Beef with Broccoli is an easy dinner that the entire family will love!
- Pan Seared Coconut Oil Salmon & Veggies
This healthy dinner idea is packed with protein and flavor. An excellent meal to add into your rotation.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
One Pot Slow Cooker Chicken is a creamy, comforting chicken dinner that cooks together in your slow cooker so you don't have to lift a… Continue reading: "One Pot Slow Cooker Chickenvideocam"
- The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge Free eBook
- The Best Funeral Foods: 21 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- 31 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- Grandma's Favorites: 19 Vintage Recipes
- 30 Good Old Recipes from Grandma's Kitchen
- 10 Recipes Using Apple Pie Filling
- 19 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- A Message from The Editors of RecipeLion
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Maple And Spice Roasted Nuts
- Peach Bread
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Party Food Ideas: How To Make An Impressive Owl Meatloaf
- Crispy Bacon & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Amish Baked Oatmeal With Apples
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes