40 Easy Dump Cakes, Cake Mix Recipes, and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's face it: making a cake can take a lot of time and effort. But not all dessert recipes are difficult and time-consuming. This collection of 40 easy cake recipes is proof of that! Keep reading if you're looking for delicious cake recipes that are just as enjoyable to make as they are to eat!
From effortless dump cakes using cake mixes to beyond easy upside down cakes and so much more, there are plenty of simple dessert recipes to choose from in this roundup of in-a-jiffy sweets! Fruits, chocolate, Jell-O, and pudding -- it's all featured right here in our collection of super easy recipes for cake.
These cake recipes don't require a lot of prep time and none of them feature fancy ingredients, so you don't have to worry about overly complicated baking instructions. So if you're cooking for a party or have a large group to feed, look no further than these super-simple crowd-pleasing sweets! Once you try one of these easy recipes for cake, you'll be hooked and coming back to try out the next one!
Enjoy this quick tutorial for Great Grandma's Famous Jimmy Cake, and find it in our Best Old Fashioned Cake Recipes section below!
Table of Contents
For more easy cake recipes, try our collection: Dump and Go Dessert: 23 Crazy Easy Dump Cake Recipes
Stress-Free Dump Cake Recipes
- Trust us. You won't find any cake recipes easier than this Easy Hawaiian Dump Cake. There's no need to let anyone know it's made with a box mix because they'll be too distracted by how delicious it tastes!
- 4-Ingredient Caramel Apple Dump CakeA truly effortless dessert recipe, this 4-Ingredient Caramel Apple Dump Cake is pretty hard to beat. All you need to prepare this fall-ready treat is a box of yellow cake mix, a couple cans of apple pie filling and some caramel sauce, along with a few other basic baking ingredients.
- Strawberry Peach Dump CakeStrawberry Peach Dump Cake is great for the summer because it uses two different kinds of fruits. Bring this fabulous fruity treat to a picnic or barbecue and watch it disappear as your friends and family devour it. If you're invited to a last-minute get-together, this cake will save the day because it's so easy.
Bonus! If you're making this tasty recipe, check out our How to Hull a Strawberry how to video and tutorial first.
- Dump & Go Chocolate CakeNo need to heat up the house or dirty up an extra pan when you have this simple cake recipe that produces a deliciously moist and chocolaty cake. Give it a try and you're sure to be wowed!
- Hubby's Favorite Dump CakeWhen you talk about classic dump cake recipes, this is exactly what you picture. Made with five simple ingredients including a box of yellow cake mix, a can of crushed pineapple and a can of cherry pie filling, this recipe for Hubby's Favorite Dump Cake is as traditional as dump cake recipes come.
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump CakeThis is one of our favorite dump cakes using cake mixes! When you combine chocolate cake mix with chocolate pudding mix, you get an ultra-loaded chocolate dessert recipe; then throw in some chocolate chips for good measure and you have a chocoholic's dessert dream come true!
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Dump CakeDump all your ingredients into the pan with the cake mix on top, and bake until gooey underneath and a little bit crispy on top. You can't go wrong with this recipe!
Simple Upside Down Cake Recipes
- Best Ever Upside Down Apple PieYou haven't had an apple pie quite like this before, but we promise you won't be disappointed. This recipe includes everything you love about a great apple pie -- cinnamon, butter and brown sugar -- but is taken up a notch with chopped pecans for a delightfully unexpected crunch.
- Pineapple Upsidedown Cake Mix CakeThis pineapple upside down dump cake is the shortcut way to make this classic dessert. Made with boxed cake mix, pineapple, maraschino cherries, and kiwi, this recipe gives you a unique and quick way to whip up this vintage cake.
- Upside Down Strawberry CakeUpside Down Strawberry Cake uses fresh strawberries, Jell-O, and mini marshmallows to create an amazing layer on the top of the cake when it's turned upside down. The easy cake recipe is perfectly moist and delicious any time of year, especially when topped with a dollop of Cool Whip.
- Banana Coconut Upside Down CakeThis recipe for Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake takes ordinary cake mix cake recipes and puts an entirely new spin on the dessert trend. Not only is this one of the most incredible upside down cake recipes we've found, it's also perfectly tropical with its layers of banana and coconut inside. Serve it up for dessert or even for brunch; this is one of those easy cake recipes that's great to eat almost any time.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down CakeYou will surprise your friends and family with this Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake. It uses fresh, chopped strawberries and rhubarb with a homemade, fluffy cake. When the fresh fruit is put in the oven, the juices create a warm, sweet glaze that keeps the entire cake moist long after it has cooled down.
- Starkrimson Pear Upside Down CakeThe cake has a wonderful cinnamon flavor that comes through in each and every bite. The pears are arranged on the bottom of the pan end up creating a colorful and pretty design that stands out on any table. It makes for a fantastic after dinner dessert especially served with a hot cup of coffee.
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down CakePineapple upside-down cake is popular for a reason, so it's no surprise that other fruits have jumped on the band wagon. Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Cake is a moist cake that's a cross between pineapple upside-down cake and Bananas Foster.
Easy Cake Mix Cake Recipes
- Cannoli Poke CakeItalian dessert recipes are some of the best around, and this cake has all the amazing flavor of a cannoli in an easy-to-make cake! Cannoli Poke Cake is a vanilla cake soaked in sweetened condensed milk, then frosted with an amazing cannoli filling. This easy cake mix recipe is so good, you'll be licking the sides of the pan. Next time you need an easy dessert to feed a crowd, try this poke cake recipe.
- Pineapple Coconut Better Than Sex CakeMade with a yellow cake mix base and tropical elements, like coconut flakes and chunks of pineapple, this easy cake recipe is then topped with a layer of pudding mix and whipped cream and sprinkled with chocolate shavings and pecans. Did you die and go to heaven? Yes, yes you did.
- Unforgettable Lemon Pudding CakeTake that box of lemon cake mix to the next level with this Unforgettable Lemon Pudding Cake! It's a delicious and simple cake recipe that uses lemon cake mix with a lemon pudding filling. Assembling it is as easy as mixing the batters and pouring them into a pan. Once it's baked, you'll have a light and fluffy lemon cake with a creamy pudding filling.
- Grandma's Famous 6-Layer CakeFamily recipes are like treasured heirlooms, and this Grandma's Famous 6-Layer Cake is no exception. It's made from a simple yellow cake mix, but the true magic is in the frosting. The rich and creamy chocolate frosting gets slathered between all six cake layers.
- Chocolate Pudding Poke CakeChocolate Pudding Poke Cake is one of the easiest cake recipes you'll ever make. Made with instant chocolate pudding mix, yellow cake mix, and just 3 other ingredients, this 5-ingredient poke cake recipe will be the one to turn to in a pinch! If you're a fan of chocolate pudding, this is definitely the cake recipe for you because it's full of it -- literally!
- Dreamy Coconut Cream Poke CakeIf you're a lover of all things coconut, you'll be dreaming about this cake. Dreamy Coconut Cream Poke Cake is a recipe with cake mix, so it's super easy and requires few ingredients. Coconut cream instant pudding is added to the cake mix to make it super moist and full of flavor.
- Strawberry Jello Poke CakeThere's nothing that brings us back to our childhood quite like a classic poke cake recipe, and this Strawberry Jello Poke Cake is about as retro as they come. Made with a box of white cake mix, strawberry Jello and Cool Whip frosting, this light and fluffy cake recipe is great for when you want a dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without making you feel too full.
Best Old Fashioned Cake Recipes
- 1950s Hot Milk Sponge CakeOld-fashioned cake recipes are some of the best because they use simple ingredients and always turn out great. This 1950s Hot Milk Sponge Cake is a light cake recipe that has a lovely texture and flavor. It's light enough to hold up to frosting, or simply top it with whipped cream and fruit.
- Great Grandma's Famous Jimmy CakeThis easy cake recipe is one of those treasured family recipes that no one can ever get enough of. Great Grandma's Famous Jimmy Cake is an old-fashioned recipe for cake that's flavored with coffee. "Jimmies" are chocolate sprinkles mixed into the cake to give it just a hint of chocolate that compliments the coffee flavor.
- Vintage CakeThis layered white cake with cream cheese frosting would be delicious on its own, but a secret hidden layer takes it right over the top. Vintage Cake is a cake mix recipe for fluffy, moist white cake sitting atop a layer of decadent brownies soaked in a chocolate sauce.
- Old-Fashioned Magic CakeThis classic magic cake recipe gets its name from the "magical" batter that creates three distinct layers once baked. Old-Fashioned Magic Cake is a super simple cake recipe that uses mostly ingredients you probably already have on hand. Just mix together the batter, pour it into a pan, and the cake will bake into three layers.
- Old-Fashioned Apple Pudding CakeIf you love apple dessert recipes, you'll go crazy for this one. Old-Fashioned Apple Pudding Cake is a moist sponge cake, topped with a layer of fresh apple pudding, and finished with a layer of whipped cream. It's a simple cake recipe, yet it tastes amazing! Make it for when you're entertaining guests, or simply serve it for a dessert after a family dinner.
- Old Fashioned Banana Cornflake CakeYou haven't lived until you've tried this Old Fashioned Banana Cornflake Cake! A delicious yellow cake recipe that will remind you of baking with your grandma, this old fashioned banana cake recipe will have you head over heels. Only 6 ingredients (plus ingredients needed to moisten cake mix) make this a very simple cake recipe to prepare.
- Mary Todd Lincoln CakeMary Todd Lincoln Cake is an old fashioned cake recipe that will delight at your next luncheon or party. Easy cake recipes like this one are elegant and classic because they use simple flavors, yet are completely delicious. This white cake recipe boasts vanilla and almond flavors and is made completely from scratch.
Icebox Cake Recipes
- The Perfect S'mores Icebox CakeFor the ultimate graham crack icebox cake, nothing will do but this Perfect S'mores Icebox Cake. This super simple s'mores dessert recipe will make you smile just thinking about it. Cocoa powder, mini marshmallows, marshmallow cream and graham crackers make this delicious whipped and creamy cake taste just like biting into your favorite, childhood campfire treat. The best part about this cake? You don't have to worry above burning your marshmallows!
- Mocha Icebox Cake"Creamy mocha filling is sandwiched in between graham crackers and topped with rich dark chocolate! This easy five ingredient Mocha Icebox Cake is the perfect Summer treat!"
- No Bake Lemon Raspberry Icebox Cake"Graham crackers layered with whipped cream, lemon curd, and a pile of fresh raspberries! This Lemon Raspberry Icebox Cake is an easy no bake dessert for spring!"
- No Bake Snickers Apple Icebox Cake"This Snickers Apple Icebox Cake is an easy, no bake dessert based off the popular Snickers Apple Salad! Layers of peanut butter cheesecake, graham crackers, caramel sauce and apples all topped with Snickers!"
- No Bake Black Forest Icebox Cake"This No Bake Black Forest Icebox Cake super simple, 3 ingredient dessert that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion — it comes together in no time and you can make ahead!"
- Raspberry Tiramisu Icebox Cake"This easy no-bake dessert is perfect for summer! With layers of coffee-flavored pudding, fresh raspberries, and graham crackers, Raspberry Tiramisu Icebox Cake is a simple treat that will wow your friends and familyand it only takes minutes to prepare!"
- Caramel Apple Golden Oreo No Bake CakeGreat fall flavor in an easy no bake, make ahead dessert! Perfect for Thanksgiving dessert or a special seasonal treat for the kids. This easy dessert recipe is made delicious with golden Oreos, pudding mix, cream cheese and apple pie filling all layered on top of one another for a unique spin on a classic apple pie.
- No Bake Pistachio Icebox CakeThis No Bake Pistachio Icebox Cake is going to make you go nutty! This easy no-bake recipe is one that you will use over and over again because it only takes 10 minutes to prepare, and you leave it to refrigerate overnight. It uses creamy pistachio pudding, layers of graham crackers, and is topped with thick whipped cream and chopped pistachios.
- Death by Chocolate Icebox CakeChocolate graham crackers are used to hold the cake together and give it texture, while chocolate ganache and chocolate mousse make up the creamy layers. Give this no-bake dessert recipe a try next time you need something quick and easy.
More Super Easy Cake Recipes
- Lemon Pineapple Poke CakeLemon Pineapple Poke Cake is a refreshing dessert that's perfect for picnics and potlucks. This easy poke cake recipe calls for very few ingredients but makes one very tasty treat. It is a moist lemon cake with sweet pineapple and lots of whipped topping.
- Easy Gooey Cinnamon Roll CakeEasy Gooey Cinnamon Roll Cake is a feast for the eyes as well as for the stomach. Just look at that perfectly round cinnamon roll with cinnamon goo running in a flawless swirl and a glaze dripping off the sides. Are you drooling yet? Once you're ready to cut into the cinnamon roll cake, it will be devoured in minutes.
- Texas Yum Yum CakeWhy do we call this dessert Texas Yum Yum Cake? Because one bite of this delightful dessert will have you saying, “yum!” Texas Yum Yum Cake is a tried-and-true no bake dessert recipe that everyone will enjoy. Originating in Texas, this recipe has become popular across all 50 states. It’s just too good to be kept a secret! Instead of resorting to baking a traditional cake in the oven, try this wonderfully easy no bake recipe.
- Peanut Butter Sheet CakePeanut butter lovers rejoice because we've found the ultimate dessert recipe for you. This delicious Peanut Butter Sheet Cake will satisfy all your cravings for the smooth, creamy stuff. Make this easy cake for birthday parties or family gatherings. Everyone loves yummy peanut butter dessert recipes!
Can't get enough cake? Get even more easy, printable, cake recipes in our "17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix" eCookbook
What's the BEST cake you've ever had?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Raw Vegan Lemon Raffaellos
- 3-Ingredient Grilled Beer Brats
- How To Make An Exceptional 3 Minute Hummus
- Cream of Celery Soup (Condensed)
- Malt Vinegar Coleslaw
- Easy Berry Cobbler with Peach Nice Cream (Gluten Free + Dairy Free)
- Greek Freak Dressing
- Banana Pancakes
- Apple Walnut Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Sesame Chicken with Pea Pods
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes