The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
Why You Should Submit Your Recipes to RecipeLion
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get more traffic to your blog by submitting your recipes to RecipeLion! It's easy, free, and a great way to grow your personal brand.
If you aren't familiar with our Share Your Recipe feature, also known as user-submitted articles, it's an easy process for featuring your recipes on our site. You may share the latest recipes you've posted on your blog and/or recipes from the archives that you'd like to get more eyes on.
There are two main options for submitting: you can submit the full recipe and include a link back to your blog for more information, such as a printable PDF of instructions or a video tutorial. Or, most commonly, bloggers include a link to their blog for the full tutorial. Thus, the recipe you've posted on RecipeLion is only a "preview", so our readers need to click through to your blog to see the full instructions. It's traffic for you and content for us, which is a wonderful win-win!
How It Works:
- Visit our Share Your Recipe page. You'll create an account if you don't have one with us already. Then you'll scroll down and "Click to Share Your Recipe."
- Follow the prompts to share your recipe. You'll include the following information:
- Description of the recipe (75-100 words)
- Other attributes like difficulty level, number of servings, etc
- The link to the recipe on your blog
- OPTIONAL: Additional details about the recipe
- OPTIONAL: Ingredients and instructions
- OPTIONAL: Notes
- Save and submit.
- Once your recipe is live on the site, you'll receive an email from us with the link.
Why You Should Submit Your Recipes to RecipeLion
1. Drive Traffic Back to Your Blog
Perhaps the number one reason to share your recipes on RecipeLion is to drive traffic back to your blog. By sharing your recipe with us, you include at minimum a photo, description, and link back to the recipe on your blog. This means our readers need to click through to your blog to learn how to make the dish. This is a great opportunity to drive traffic to your site!
2. Get Brand Exposure
Are you new to the blogging universe? Maybe you've been blogging for a while, but you're looking for new avenues to grow your reach. Every time you share a recipe with us, your name and blog name are in the byline. Our readers have the opportunity to get familiar with your recipes and if they love your work, you might gain new subscribers and followers from sharing your recipes with us. At the very least, you'll be getting that traffic. With millions of monthly page views, we have many users on our site who may not be familiar with your blog!
3. You're Likely to Gain Compound Traffic
What do I mean by compound traffic? Not only will you gain traffic from our site visitors viewing your recipes and clicking through to your blogs, but your recipe might be featured in our newsletter or other places on our site for added exposure.
For example, if I write a collection page of easy entrees and we feature your recipe, visitors browsing that collection will see it. We write our collection pages for SEO, meaning we're pulling in organic visitors---a whole new audience for viewing your recipe.
4. It's Easy to Submit!
Over the years we've worked on improving our User-Submitted Articles process to make it friendlier than ever! With only a short form to fill out, the user-submitted process should be a given when you set out to promote your content (in addition to newsletters, social media, etc). Check out the process for yourself here.
5. You'll Revive Older Content
Maybe you don't make a targeted effort to make sure that recipe you wrote in 2012 is still getting seen. When you share these recipes from the archives with us, you have that much more of a chance of getting eyes on content that hasn't seen a lot of traffic lately!
Did We Miss Anything?
Now that you've read a plethora of reasons you should share your recipes with us, now's the time to start! Pick a recipe from your blog, new or old, and submit it today. We can't wait to help you grow!
Ready to Submit?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
- Do You Peel Zucchini?
- Is White Vinegar the Same as White Wine Vinegar?
- How Much Juice is in a Lemon? Get Easy Conversions for Your Recipe!
- How to Drain Ground Beef
- Useful Tips for New Cooks
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
- Ground Chuck vs. Ground Beef
- Can You Freeze Shredded Cabbage for Coleslaw?
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Braised Red Cabbage
- Hot Blueberry Cobbler
- Balsamic Cucumber Tomato Salad
- No-bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Authentic Pico De Gallo
- The Best Oatmeal Raspberry Bars
- Easy Protein Zucchini Bread
- Baked Potatoes On The Grill
- Grilled Eggplant, Prosciutto & Mozzarella Roll Ups
- Easy Bruschetta
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes