How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
Try some of our favorite Jiffy cornbread hacks.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cornbread is a classic and beloved dish for a reason.
When made properly, it's rich, fluffy, moist, and just the right amount of sweet. If you like making your cornbread in a cast iron skillet, then you'll also get to enjoy a perfectly crispy crust.
However, making cornbread from scratch just isn't always feasible. Maybe you're short on time, maybe you don't have the right ingredients, or maybe you just want to simplify your baking routine for once.
In that case, a boxed mix such as Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix can be a life saver.
A boxed mix will save you time, and it couldn't be simpler to make. And best of all, with a few "cornbread hacks," you can ensure that a boxed mix will still taste amazing.
What are our favorite tips for achieving moist, flavorful cornbread from a boxed mix? Read on for our best ideas and recipe! Or get started by watching this video for one of our other favorite rich and flavorful Jiffy cornbread recipes.
Sign up now for more amazing free recipes!
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Moist Jiffy Cornbread Mix Recipe
Preheat the oven according to package directions. Grease a muffin tin or 8"x8" cake pan.
Blend all of the ingredients together in a bowl. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
Let batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
Pour batter into cake pan or into muffin tins. If using muffin tin, fill each well about 3/4 full.
Bake cornbread until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Other Tips for Making Cornbread Moist
These aren't the only ways to dress up your cornbread! If the ingredients above aren't your favorite, then here are a few other ideas for improving a boxed cornbread mix.
-- Add sour cream or Greek yogurt
-- Add fresh or creamed corn
You can also add many other ingredients that will transform your plain cornbread into something with some more personality.
We love plain cornbread, but these are some of our other favorite Jiffy cornbread recipes with fun mix-ins.
-- Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
-- Stuffed Cornbread
-- Paula's Southern Corn Casserole
-- Grandma's Southern Corn Pudding
Plus, get our best tips for storing homemade bread here! We won't blame you if you don't have any leftovers of your cornbread. But it's always good to know how to store it, just in case.
Jiffy cornbread is a great side dish on its own, and you can use it to create many delicious recipes. Try a few of our favorites here! 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
One Pot Slow Cooker Chicken is a creamy, comforting chicken dinner that cooks together in your slow cooker so you don't have to lift a… Continue reading: "One Pot Slow Cooker Chickenvideocam"
- How to Make Apple Pie Filling
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- Is White Vinegar the Same as White Wine Vinegar?
- How Much Juice is in a Lemon? Get Easy Conversions for Your Recipe!
- How to Use Up Eggs: 50+ Recipes and Smart Ideas
- How to Freeze Eggs
- Do You Peel Zucchini?
- What is a Peanut Pumpkin?
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
- How to Reheat Meatloaf
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Maple And Spice Roasted Nuts
- Peach Bread
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Party Food Ideas: How To Make An Impressive Owl Meatloaf
- Crispy Bacon & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Amish Baked Oatmeal With Apples
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes