Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
This Southern cornbread stuffing deserves a place on your holiday table.
Around here, we love almost every kind of stuffing recipe. Stuffing is such a classic part of Thanksgiving dinner. It's a favorite dish for many people! But if you're looking for a Southern-inspired twist on traditional stuffing recipes, then this recipe is guaranteed to be a hit.
Sausage cornbread stuffing is rich, flavorful, and the perfect combination of hearty and fluffy. Like any good cornbread recipe, you'll get a little bit of sweetness from the corn, and it pairs beautifully with other ingredients like spicy sausage, bright bell pepper, and more.
Give this sausage cornbread stuffing a place of honor at your Thanksgiving table this year!
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 package stove top cornbread stuffing mix (plus ingredients to make the cornbread: 4 tablespoons butter and 1.5 cups chicken broth or water)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Roll Sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Enter for a chance to win the Kyocera Revolution 3-pc Chef's Knife Set Giveaway during the 10 Days of Thanks! This giveaway runs until November 18th and you can receive an extra entry by commenting below on this page. Be sure to also check out the grand prize giveaway featuring all the daily prizes in the 10 Days of Thanks!
Sausage Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook cornbread stuffing according to package instructions.
Pour cooked cornbread into a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, saute the sausage, pepper, celery, and onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
Pour over the cornbread stuffing and stir to combine.
Bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of November 19th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until November 18th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
Do you believe in stuffing or dressing?
Answer below in the comments!