The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
Presidential Recipes: 15 Favorite Recipes of U.S. Presidents
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A person’s favorite food can reveal a lot about them. For example, someone who hates dessert can clearly never be trusted. In all seriousness, you really can learn much about someone based on the foods they eat and the ones they avoid. If you’ve ever wanted to know more about a favorite celebrity or historical figure, a good piece of information to find out would be their favorite food. For those particularly interested in getting to know a historic persona, this list of Presidential Recipes: 15 Favorite Recipes of U.S. Presidents will check both the history lover and foodie boxes.
Whether you desperately want to know what President Donald Trump has for dinner or you’ve always wondered whether FDR was more of a PB&J or grilled cheese kind of man (spoiler alert: it’s the latter), you’ll find your answers here. Now you can finally eat like your favorite presidents!
Who doesn't love a good chicken wing? Check out these 12 Best Chicken Wing Recipes
Favorite Foods from the Modern Oval Office
- Donald Trump: The 45th President is a big fan of comfort food such as meatloaf and mac and cheese balls.
- Barack Obama: It’s no surprise that with First Lady Michelle Obama’s initiative for a healthier America, President Obama prefers healthy options like turkey chili and grilled salmon.
- George W. Bush: The second President Bush liked to pile on the ingredients, like with his infamous love for cheeseburger pizza or chicken pot pie. If you're not feeling a whole cheeseburger pizza, a nice cheeseburger casserole might do.
Favorite Dishes from History
- Jimmy Carter: President Carter hailed from the Deep South, which is reflected in some of his favorite dishes, like grits and cornbread.
- John F. Kennedy: The Kennedys are known for their classic style and tastes, and what could be more classic than President Kennedy’s favorite food, clam chowder?
- Dwight D. Eisenhower: A general during World War II, President Eisenhower was a serious man, but he had a soft spot for his wife’s fudge.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: President Roosevelt was a man who knew what he wanted, and what he wanted was a nice, warm grilled cheese.
- Woodrow Wilson: President during the first World War, President Wilson had simple tastes, and his favorite dish was chicken salad.
- Abraham Lincoln: The Great Emancipator had a bit of a sweet tooth, as proven by his love for gingerbread men cookies.
- George Washington: It should come as no surprise that the first President of the United States, famous for chopping down a cherry tree, loved cherry pie.
BONUS! Recipes from the First Ladies
Don’t leave out the women! Some of the women to occupy the position of First Lady had their own favorite recipes.
Throw a Christmas dinner feast White House-style with this free eCookbook: 12 Wonderful Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas Free eCookbook
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserole is one of those easy weeknight meals you can make in a hurry when you have hungry mouths to… Continue reading: "Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserolevideocam"
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- Printable Meal Planner Template
- How Much Juice is in a Lemon? Get Easy Conversions for Your Recipe!
- Do You Peel Zucchini?
- How to Use Up Eggs: 50+ Recipes and Smart Ideas
- Is White Vinegar the Same as White Wine Vinegar?
- How to Reheat Meatloaf
- Ground Chuck vs. Ground Beef
- Can You Freeze Shredded Cabbage for Coleslaw?
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Soup Maker Slimming World Curry Sauce
- Pasta With Sausage And Spinach
- Green Pizza Crust
- Stuffed Pepper Saak
- Manchow Soup
- Family Friendly Vegetable Quinoa Khichdi
- Spicy Chilli Baby Corn
- Mango Salsa Recipe
- Dinner Roll Sandwich
- Easy Vegetarian Thai Green Curry
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes