Tuscan Bread Pudding
For a wonderful and festive dish this holiday season, try this tuscan bread pudding recipe from Mooney Farms. With a creamy custard and filling this easy bread pudding recipe is savory and tasty. Enjoy!
- butter for greasing the baking dish
- 1/2 (8 ounce) whole grain loaf, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons reserved olive oil from sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar of Bella Sun Luci sun dried tomato julienne cut packed in 100% pure oilve oil and herbs
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Add the bread cubes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the basil. Pour the tomato mixture and Parmesan cheese over the bread cubes and combine well.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together until smooth.
- Pour the custard over the bread mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Bake until slightly puffed and golden, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Read NextMartha White Southern Cornbread