The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
5 Healthy Snack Ideas for After School Snacking
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
School is fast approaching, which brings about change to your kid's schedule. They no longer can spend hours at the beach, or playing outside under the sun. School time replaces free time, hot lunches replace picnics and homework replaces lazy days of doing nothing.
When your kid comes home after school, it is a great time for them to relax, or play with their friends.
After-school time is also an excellent time to give them some extra nourishiment, in the form of an after-school snack. If you need some ideas on how to make a healthy and nutritious after-school snack, RecipeLion has got you covered with these five things you can make for a nutritious after-school snack.
Two things to keep in mind when choosing a nutritious after-school snack are:
- Keep your kitchen stocked with a variety of easy, healthy snacks. Avoid keeping potato chips, high-fat cookies and other unhealthy snack foods in the house.
- A heathy snack adds something to your child's diet, such as fiber, protein, vitamins or minerals.
And here are five healthy ideas for after-school snacking:
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Baked Potato Breakfast Casserole may soon become your newest go-to casserole recipe. Why? Because it's an easy egg casserole you just… Continue reading: "Baked Potato Breakfast Casserolevideocam"
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- What are Funeral Potatoes?
- How to Store Cut Onions
- How to Make Apple Pie Filling
- How to Freeze Eggs
- Do You Peel Zucchini?
- Easy Peasy (You Know the Rest): Convert Lemons into Juice
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Fried Spanish Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baked Potato on the Log Burner
- Pasta Alla Norma (Sicilian Eggplant And Tomato Pasta)
- Peppermint Dipped OREOS
- Breakfast Sliders
- Tic Tac Toe Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes