Melba Toast Lasagna
For a unique twist on lasagna, try this delicious version made with Melba Toasts! It's great for any luncheon (thinking about Mother's Day?), dinner party, or simply dinner for the family. Make a batch today - they'll love it!
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr 10 min
- 1 box Melba Toast Rosemary and Olive Oil
- 1 jar favorite prepared pasta sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound mozzarella, grated and separated
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook onions in olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until onions are softened.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add pasta sauce and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Fold in chopped fresh basil.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in 8x8 baking dish and top sauce with a layer of Melba Toast Rosemary & Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Top with a layer of Melba Toast Rosemary & Olive Oil.
- Continuing layering with sauce, mozzarella, parmesan, and Melba Toasts. Finish by topping with sauce.
- Bake lasagna covered with foil, in middle of oven 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbling and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
Read NextLazy Day Lasagna