Apple Pie A La Zing
Close Thanksgiving dinner with a sweet treat. Here's a unique twist on traditional apple pie from Ocean Spray. Apple pie a la zing combines not only apples, but cranberries as well-for an extra fruity and tart pie, a perfect holiday season dessert.
- 4 cups pared, sliced apples
- 2 cups Ocean Spray Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- pastry for a 9 inch two crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients, except pastry, in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut several slits in top crust.
- Bake 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cover edges with foil if they begin to brown too quickly.
Read NextOrange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce