Mangia La Lasagna
For Mother's Day, chefs of all ages and culinary skill can create this delicious and easy-to-make dish - Mangia La Lasagna - and spoil their moms with a tasty meal to celebrate her on this day.
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
Cooking Time45 min
- 1 package of no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds marinara or meat sauce (Ragu)
- 8 ounces spinach
- 15 ounces ricotta
- 1 pound grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (Parmigiano)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Using the wooden spoon, mix the ricotta with the spinach in the large bowl.
- Pour a thin layer of marinara_ on the bottom of the oven-safe dish, just enough so that you cannot see the bottom of the dish.
- Place a single layer of lasagna noodles over the sauce.
- Put a layer of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and use your hands to get even layers.
- Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella on top.
- Pour on another layer of marinara sauce.
- Repeat steps 4 through 7.
- Put another layer of noodles on top and sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and parmigiano.
- Pour a thin layer of sauce to completely cover the top layer.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Allow the lasagna to cool for about 10 minutes before eating.
- Alternative: Add 2 tablespoons of pesto to the ricotta layer for a rich flavor!
Read NextLazy Day Lasagna