Healthy Eating: 12 Recipes For The Sick
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Being sick is unfortunately just one of those natural parts of life. Everyone gets sick. While many of us go see a doctor or take over-the-counter medication, sometimes the best remedy is just a good old fashioned home cooked meal. We absolutely do not recommend you never see your doctor or never take medication, but often times you just need a good meal to help you feel better. These recipes for the sick are meant to be eaten in your pajamas with a box of facial tissues by your side. Eating home cooked meals that are fresh will always do a body good. We hope you feel better and let Healthy Eating: 12 Recipes For The Sick cheer you up in the meantime.
Healthy Eating: 12 Recipes For The Sick
Table of Contents
Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate medicine and the best way to get over a cold. It doesn't matter what symptoms you have, a big bowl of chicken noodle soup will cure it right up. These chicken noodle soup recipes are the best recipes for the sick.
- Vegetable Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Better Than Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Chicken Soup for the Soul (shown above)
Some other great flu-fighting foods are vegetables. Vegetables are loaded with nutrients to help your body get over your worst symptoms. Minestrone soup is mostly filled with vegetables which is good for your body and soul. These minestrone soup recipes are excellent recipes for the sick.
Fish is one of the healthiest things you can eat which makes a wonderful ingredient in recipes for the sick. For starters, fish is full of Vitamin D and studies have shown that Vitamin D deficiencies help increase your risk of getting sick. Fish is also low in fat and high in calcium which does a body good.
- Avocado Salmon Sandwich
- Barbecue Salmon Steaks with Green Ginger Sauce (shown above)
- Fish en Papillote (Fish Baked in Parchment)
Citrus and ginger both are incredible disease fighters and these citrus and ginger recipes are excellent at helping you eat right. Plus, all these recipes taste incredible. You might not think that citrus flavors and ginger would work well together, but trust us, these recipes are proof that they do.
- Aussie Shrimp on the Barbie with Orange Ginger (shown above)
- Ginger Citrus Cranberry Sauce
- Orange Ginger Cookies
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Fully Loaded Chicken Potato Bake recipe is a super easy casserole recipe that will please your family any night of the week. This… Continue reading: "Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Bakevideocam"
- 24 Classic Great Depression Era Recipes
- 19 Old West Cowboy Recipes
- The Best Funeral Foods: 21 Easy Potluck Recipes for a Crowd
- 30 Good Old Recipes from Grandma's Kitchen
- 36 Dump and Go Dinner Recipes
- 365 Easy Dinner Recipes for Every Day of the Year
- 31 Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1950s
- Old Southern Recipes: 22 Old Fashioned Meals
- 9 Jiffy Cornbread Recipes You'll Love
- How To Use Your Recipe Box on RecipeLion
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Fried Spanish Tomatoes in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baked Potato on the Log Burner
- Pasta Alla Norma (Sicilian Eggplant And Tomato Pasta)
- Peppermint Dipped OREOS
- Breakfast Sliders
- Tic Tac Toe Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes