The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
How To Use Up Lemons: 7 Luscious Lemon Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer is the perfect time of the year to incorporate fruits, seasonal vegetables and no-bake recipes into your weekly menu planner. One favorite fruit that's often kept on hand in most kitchens (especially during the summer) are lemons! There are so many ways you can use lemons, whether your cooking, baking or making up no-bake recipes. Lemon recipes and its uses really are across the board - I think it's one of the most universal fruits to have in your kitchen all the time.
Many of us will keep lemons on hand for these common uses:
- Marinating meats and fishes
- Flavoring your ice water or tea
- Squeezing into fruit salads to keep the other fruit fresh
These are all great ways to use lemons, but if you're looking for more lemon-centric recipes to make the best use out of these colorful wonders than let's explore some lemon recipes:
Table of Contents
The first and most popular way to use a fresh lemon has got to be Homemade Lemonade. This refreshing and easy drink will always taste a million times better if you make it yourself and is without a doubt one of the easiest lemon recipes.
Heavenly Homemade Lemonade
Yields: 7 1/4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups cold water
- lemon slices, for garnish
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Combine sugar and boiling water, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, mint leaves and cold water; mix well.
3. Chill. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint sprigs.
Another popular treat among lemon recipes are lemon pies. Easy no-bake lemon pies are a huge hit with our readers and very popular during those warm Summer months. This Luscious Lemon Pie below is the epitome of easy when it comes to desserts.
Luscious Lemon Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 egg yolks, beaten slightly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in top of double boiler. Add the water slowly, stirring until thick.
- Gradually add the egg yolks, butter, grated lemon rind, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir for 1 or 2 minutes before pouring into graham cracker crust.
- Garnish top with grated lemon zest.
This Decadent Lemon Butter is one of the yummiest butter recipes you can find and a great way to get creative with your lemons. Spread this delicious butter over scones, biscuits or pound cake for a truly amazing treat. Plus you can jar up the rest and store in the fridge all Summer.
Decadent Lemon Butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1. Break egg into saucepan and beat lightly to combine white and yolk. Add sugar and beat.
2. Cut up butter and add. Add juice of lemon and lemon zest if desired.
3. Stir until sugar is dissolved over heat.
4. Cook over low, gentle heat until thick, stirring occasionally. Do not let it boil.
5. The mixture can take as long as you like to cook provided it is stirred and does not boil.
6. Keeps indefinitely if stored in the fridge.
Lemon Saffron Bread - Make a lemon bread recipe that is simple and bound to please. Lemon desserts are light and tangy, and this one is super easy because it's a quick easy slow cooker recipe as well. Give this bread a try, it's one of the best lemon recipes.
Blackberry Lemonade - What kid doesn't love lemonade? For that matter, what adult? Try this naturally pink lemonade using blackberries, fresh or frozen, and taste a little bit of heaven. Lemon recipes don't get any better than fresh lemonade.
Lemon Cheesecake with Lavender Crust - For a simply divine and luxurious dessert you'll have to try this Lemon Cheesecake with Lavender Crust. It's one of the best cheesecake recipes you can find. If you're a fan of lemon then you'll fall in love with this dessert.
Lemon Cooler Cookies - If you are a fan of lemon recipes than you are going to adore these Lemon Cooler Cookies. Such a quick and easy cookie recipe to make and they came out amazing!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- Foodie Photos: 8 Food Photography Tips for Beginners
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- How to Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
- How to Make Apple Pie Filling
- How to Mince Garlic
- How to Fold in Baking
- How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home
- 21 Crowd-Pleasing Easy Potluck Recipes
- How to Make Sloppy Joes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Carrot Cake
- Instant Chicken Parmesan Zoodle Soup
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie With Bone Broth
- Mughlai Navratan Korma
- Spicy Zucchini Waffles
- Fruity Peach Yogurt Bowl
- Quick and Easy Pizza Pot Pie
- Easy Hawaiian Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Simple, Homemade Applesauce
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes