Decadent Lemon Butter
This Decadent Lemon Butter is one of the yummiest butter recipes you can find. Spread this delicious butter over scones, biscuits or pound cake for a truly amazing treat.
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Break egg into saucepan and beat lightly to combine white and yolk. Add sugar and beat.
- Cut up butter and add. Add juice of lemon and lemon zest if desired.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved over heat.
- Cook over low, gentle heat until thick, stirring occasionally. Do not let it boil.
- The mixture can take as long as you like to cook provided it is stirred and does not boil.
- Keeps indefinitely if stored in the fridge.