KFC Copycat Biscuits
Nothing tastes better with crispy fried chicken than a flaky biscuit. This tried and true copycat recipe creates the perfect light, buttery biscuit that tastes just like it's from KFC.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into mixing bowl. Make a well in the flour mix and add the milk. Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk, if needed to form, and mix.
- Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10 to 13 minutes.