Buca di Beppo Style Chicken Marsala
Buca di Beppo has become hugely popular thanks to its family-sized servings of Italian favorites. Now you can cook up a big plate of restaurant-quality chicken marsala at home using this copycat restaurant recipe.
- olive oil, to taste
- 4 thin chicken breast cutlets
- 2 ounces low salt bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Coat a large skillet lightly with olive o9il and set over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp and lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon; set aside. Leave fat in pan. Put flour on a plate. Pat cutlets dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
2. Heat pan with bacon fat over medium-high heat. Add a touch more olive oil if necessary to make approximately 2 tablespoons. When fat is hot, shake excess flour off cutlets and place in pan. Saute, turning once until browned on both sides. Thin cutlets should only take a few minutes per side. Remove cutlets. Pour excess fat from pan. With pan over medium-high heat, add the Marsala and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook Marsala until it is reduced by one quarter.
3. Stir in cream and simmer until you get a nicely thickened sauce. Return the chicken and bacon to the pan and turn the cutlets to coat and reheat for a minute. Serve with the sauce over the top, with a sprinkling of parsley.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use