Pumpkin Maple Swirl Muffins
This is one of my family's favorite pumpkin muffin recipes, and it has been for a long time. We particularly like recipes for Libby's canned pumpkin, since theirs is the best, and it's fun to get the kids involved in baking. Make these pumpkin maple swirl muffins this week and watch them disappear!
See this recipe and more in 55 Awesome Pumpkin Recipes.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin (Libby's is best)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup in small bowl until blended.
- Combine flour, the 3/4 cup of brown sugar, the 1/2 cup of nuts, the baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Mix eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, oil and the remaining 1 tablespoon of maple syrup in medium bowl; add to flour mixture, mixing until just blended.
- Fold filling in just until batter is swirled.
- Mix together sugar and nuts in small bowl.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle nut topping over muffins.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 20 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes; serve warm.