Cinnamon Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
These delicious little muffins take on the taste of a doughnut when dunked in butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Baked donut recipes never looked so good. These Cinnamon Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins are sure to be a hit!
Yields30 mini muffins
Cooking Time20 min
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- For rolling the muffins in:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk and pumpkin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and 1/2 cup of sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually, alternating with the pumpkin/milk mixture.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack. When cool enough to handle, roll in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Read NextBacon Cheddar Breakfast Muffins