Amish Breakfast Puffs
Whether you are looking for easy breakfast recipes or just love Amish recipes, this simple muffin is sure to please. When they're done baking, pour melted butter over the tops and roll them in cinnamon sugar. I recommend serving these Amish Breakfast Puffs with butter and jam, and eat them alongside your coffee for a delightful breakfast treat. These puffs are sweet, so you could also eat them for dessert. Whenever you make them, you are sure to be delighted with this old-fashioned recipe.
If you liked these breakfast puffs, don't miss our collection of 26 Top-Rated Amish Recipes, available for free download today!
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mace seasoning
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and mace.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together ½ cup sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to egg mixture, beating on low after each addition, just until combined.
- Fill 10-12 greased muffin cups ⅔ full with batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, place the melted butter. In another shallow bowl, combine the remaining ½ cup sugar and cinnamon.
- When the puffs are done, remove from cups and, while still hot, roll the tops in melted butter and then in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve immediately, either plain or with butter and jelly, if desired.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Muffins"
Make delicious muffins anytime with these free muffin recipes, including healthy muffin recipes and gourmet muffin recipes. Tell us your favorite blueberry muffin recipe or bran muffin recipe.