Decadent Cream Cheese Banana Bread
This easy banana bread recipe is famous for one special ingredient: cream cheese!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Decadent Cream Cheese Banana bread is one of our all-time favorite banana bread recipes. And it's easy to see why!
If you're a fan of banana cake, which is typically topped with cream cheese frosting, then you have an idea of why this cream cheese banana bread is so amazing. It's like you get a layer of cream cheese frosting inside the banana bread loaf. It's magic!
This banana bread also looks amazing when you serve it. The cream cheese layer will impress your guests and prove to them that you are a wizard in the kitchen. And they will be even more impressed once they take a bite! This recipe has the perfect blend of sweet banana flavor and lively cream cheese filling. Each bite will have you wondering why it took you so long to make this banana bead.
Even though this recipe is a little more advanced than your average banana bread recipe, it's still not too hard to make. The most difficult part is deciding when the banana bread is done. Since the cream cheese filling layer never totally sets, checking for doneness with a toothpick is a little tricky. Try these tips from King Arthur Flour for knowing when your banana bread is truly done. Once you've got that part figured out, the rest is simple!
Enjoy this delicious cream cheese banana bead recipe!
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid-state coconut oil (canola or vegetable may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (lite is okay; or Greek yogurt may be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 small mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces softened brick-style cream cheese (lite is okay)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
See where we got the inspiration for this recipe here: Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread
Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray one 9×5-inch loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
For the bread: In a large bowl, add the egg, sugars, coconut oil, sour cream, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
Add the bananas and stir to incorporate.
Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, optional salt, and fold with a spatula or stir gently with a spoon until just combined; don’t over-mix; set aside.
For the Cream Cheese Filling: In a large bowl, add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Alternatively, mix with a hand mixer.
Turn about two-thirds of the batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners and sides as necessary.
Evenly pour cream cheese filling over the bread, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners and sides as necessary.
Top with remaining batter, smoothing the top very lightly with a spatula as to not disturb cream cheese layer and pushing batter into corners and sides as necessary.
Bake for about 48 to 50 minutes or until the top is domed, golden, and the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
Note: This is tricky because the cream cheese never gets totally solid so the toothpick test isn’t the most accurate.
Pro Tip: Tent the pan with a sheet of foil draped over it at the 30 minute-mark if you feel the tops and sides will become too browned before center cooks through. Baking times will vary based on moisture content of bananas, cream cheese, climate, and oven variances. Bake until done; watch your bread, not the clock.
Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving. Bread will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
For more easy recipes using banana, try these 16 Incredible Banana Desserts
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
We just have to say from our own experience, this French Onion Chicken Skillet might be the best chicken dinner recipe we've ever had.… Continue reading: "French Onion Chicken Skilletvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Small Batch Chicken Tamales Without Lard
- Salmon Pasta With Garlic Cream Sauce
- Slow Cooker Lancashire Hotpot
- Chocolate Bottom Banana Cake
- Keto Parmesan Crusted Baked Salmon
- Cream Cheese Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Gnocchi Macaroni And Cheese
- Pickled Eggs(red Beet Eggs)
- Roasted Browned Butter Carrots
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes