Lemon Saffron Bread
Make a lemon bread recipe that is simple and bound to please. Lemon desserts are light and tangy, and this one is super easy because it's a quick easy slow cooker recipe as well. Give this lemon bread recipe a try.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel; grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Dissolve saffron in hot water; blend with lemon peel and juice.
3. Cream shortening; add sugar gradually, beating until thoroughly blended. Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add dry ingredients and liquids alternately, mixing just until blended after each addition.
5. Turn into well greased and floured cooker bake pan or 2 pound coffee can. Cover bake pan with lid or coffee can with 6 layers of paper toweling. Set in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 2 - 3 hours.
6. Remove; let cool 10 minutes then remove from pan.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Slow Cooker Desserts"
Slow Cooker Desserts
There are no records