Apple and Ginger Crumble
Apple and ginger crumble is a delicious dessert that requires no effort and no baking skill. Throw everything into your slow cooker and a few hours later you will have a warm, gooey dessert perfect with ice cream.
Cooking Time6 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 4 to 5 cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 75 grams (about 1/3 cup) butter
- Lightly butter the slow cooker and place apple slices on the base.
- Combine sugar, flour, rolled oats, ginger and nutmeg and cut in butter, using a pastry blender or knife. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples.
- Cover and cook on low or auto 5-6 hours.