Apple Pecan Bread Pudding
Amongst very easy dessert recipes, this recipe is supreme. Quick easy dessert recipes shouldn't taste this good. Use your slow cooker for easy, delicious results.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 8 slices raisin bread, diced
- 2 cups half & half or milk
- 2 medium green apples
- 1/4 cup bourbon or brandy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan and bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a greased 3 quart or larger slow cooker.
3. Peel, core and thinly slice the apples.
4. Mix lightly together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, add eggs and mix well. Blend in half and half or milk and then stir in bourbon or brandy.
5. Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples. Pour egg mixture over bread. Drizzle with butter.
6. Cover and cook on low until apples are tender when pierced and custard is set; about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
7. Let pudding stand, covered, for about 15 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.