5-Ingredient No Peek Chicken
This 5-ingredient recipe for no peek chicken is the easy feast you need!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You may be tempted to take a look at this 5-Ingredient No Peek Chicken dish while it's baking in the oven because it will smell so amazing, but do not open that oven door!
To achieve maximum flavor in this easy chicken casserole recipe, all you need to do is dump all of the ingredients together in the pan, pop it in the oven, and let it cook to perfection... and whatever you do, don't peek!
This frugal casserole recipe is ridiculously easy to make, and trust us, it tastes delicious too. For fast dinners on a budget, this is one of our very favorites. Made with just five simple ingredients, this no peek chicken casserole is great for a quick-fix weeknight meal for your family. Enjoy!
What types of rice can I use in this recipe?
Feel free to try other types of rice mixes, especially if they have seasonings that you really like. However, do make sure that the cook time on the box is about the same as the Rice-A-Roni we recommend here. If you choose rice that cooks much faster, or much slower, then your no peek chicken casserole might not turn out. The rice might be overcooked or undercooked.
What types of chicken can I use in this recipe?
Stick with boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. The rice requires a specific cooking duration in order to turn out fluffy and creamy. That duration -- about 1 hour and 45 minutes -- works really well for boneless skinless chicken breasts, but it might not work for other cuts of chicken. Chicken breast tenders, for example, may be dry by the time the rice is cooked. Bone-in chicken could be undercooked, since it takes longer to bake than boneless chicken.
Can I use other types of soup?
Yes! If someone in your family isn't a fan of celery or mushrooms, you can substitute one or both cans of soup for cream of chicken. You can also feel free to use low sodium versions of any of these soups.
5-Ingredient No Peek Chicken Recipe
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time1 hr 45 min
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7 ounce) box Rice a Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix
- 1 (10.25 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.25 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine rice mix, cream of celery soup, cream of mushroom soup, and water and pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Place chicken evenly on top of rice mixture.
Sprinkle with onion soup mix.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour 45 minutes.
Remove dish from the oven and ensure that chicken is cooked through and that the rice has absorbed all of the liquid. Then serve and enjoy!
Tips for Leftover No Peek Chicken
This no peek chicken and rice also makes amazing leftovers! If you are cooking for two, go ahead and make the full recipe. Then save the leftovers for lunches later in the week (or freeze in individual portions for a DIY freezer meal).
- Store leftover no peek chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the oven or in the microwave. For the oven, heat in an oven-safe container at 325 degrees F until casserole is warmed through.
What to Serve with No Peek Chicken
One of the great things about this recipe is that it's a complete meal. Juicy chicken and rice, smothered in a savory sauce, makes a meal for just about everyone. However, if you're looking for some additional sides (perhaps a veggie) to add to the meal, here are some of our favorite easy recipes.
Golden Raisin Broccoli Salad
Perfect Potluck Cucumber Salad
In a Jiffy Southern Corn Salad
If you like this budget-friendly meal, then we think you'll love these other yummy dinner recipes. 16 Best Cheap Easy Meals
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Who doesn't love dessert for breakfast? This Early Riser Apple Cream Cheese Cake is the perfect sweet treat to curve your morning… Continue reading: "Early Riser Apple Cream Cheese Cakevideocam"
- Fully Loaded Chicken and Potato Bake
- 5-Ingredient No Peek Chicken
- Dump and Done Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Dump Casserole
- Magic Chicken Ranch Casserole
- Spicy Chicken Casserole
- The King of Casseroles
- Paula's Coveted Chicken Pot Pie
- Old Fashioned Chicken Spaghetti
- Bisquick Creamy Chicken Casserole
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe
- 10 Minutes Chicken Curry
- Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Oatmeal Lemon Creme Bars
- Easy Hamburger Soup
- 20 Amazing Healthy Gluten Free Recipes
- Recipes With Bulgarian Yogurt (bulgarian Yogurt Recipes)
- 9 Nourishing Meals And Stress Relievers With Adaptogenic Herbs
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes