This vegetable strata is the perfect dish for a brunch gathering. A beautiful baked egg dish comes together nicely with a selection of fresh vegetables and cheese. Try it with your favorites.
Cooking Time35 min
- 6 slices firm white bread
- 1 pound can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Arrange bread in a buttered 9- x 13-in. pan. Layer with corn, zucchini, red pepper, and cheese. Beat together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables.
2. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Bake uncovered in a preheated 375 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed. Let stand 10 minutes.