We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"A classic Filipino sweet delicacy, pichi-pichi has thrived from then until now. Grated cassava, steamed and rolled over grated coconut or cheese, pichi-pichi is definitely a kakanin in-demand for all seasons! You may also be a fan of Ambers pichi-pichi. Its jelly-like, yet soft texture and just the right sweetness rolled over cheesy delight make you want it over and over again. This recipe gives you the freedom to choose between using fresh cassava or cassava flour. Cassava flour came straight from cassava roots, dried and ground."
Preparation Time1 hr 30 min
Cooking Time1 hr
- 5 pcs pandan leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lye water
- 2 cups cassava flour/ grated and drained cassava
- 2 cups grated cheese/grated coconut meat
If you are going to use fresh cassava, the first step will be to peel and wash them. Using the finest grater, grate the cassava. After grating them into fine particles, put the cassava into a white cloth and gently squeeze out excess water from it. But don't squeeze too much, or the outcome will be too dry. You may skip this step if you are using cassava flour.
In a cooking pot, pour 2 1/2 cups of water. Put pandan leaves in it and put over medium fire. Bring this into a boil.
After boiling for a few minutes, turn off the heat, transfer the pandan water into a big mixing bowl and let the water cool down.
Once pandan water has cooled down, put the sugar and salt into it and stir until they dissolve. Put lye water after dissolving the sugar and salt.
Add cassava flour/ grated cassava into the mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
Scoop the batter into small puto molders. Steam over medium fire for 40-50 minutes. If the batter turns clear yellow, the pichi-pichi is done. You may also do a toothpick test to be sure.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
A soup recipe that contains bacon, ham, potatoes and 2 types of cheese, is one I'll be dreaming about. Say hello to the Ultimate… Continue reading: "Ultimate Comfort Potato Soupvideocam"
- Easy Homemade Fruit Roll Ups
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- Air Fryer Ham & Cheese Sandwich
- Flavoring Homemade Yogurt: 15 Delicious Ideas
- Flourless Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Baked Zucchini Chips Keto Friendly
- Dates, Grapes and Goats’ Cheese Super Balls Snack
- Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- Auntie Anne's Copycat Pretzel Recipe
- Hidden Valley Oyster Crackers
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Whiskey Sour
- Egg In A Hole Breakfast
- How To Make A Simple Charcuterie Board
- Sloppy Joes
- Taco Soup
- Easy Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies With Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
- 20 Min Spiced Salmon
- Easy Banana Muffins
- Easy Kashmiri Pulao
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes