Hooters Buffalo Wings Copycat Recipe
Everyone knows Hooters for one thing... their buffalo wings, of course! Now you can make these spicy buffalo wings at home with this restaurant copycat recipe.
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Dash of ground pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 chicken wings, cut into thirds and wing tips discarded
- Bleu cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
- Pour 2 inches of oil into deep fryer and heat to 375 degrees F.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add hot sauce, black pepper and garlic powder and stir until well mixed.
- In a gallon size zip-type bag, mix flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt .
- Rinse chicken wings under cold water and drain excess water. Drop wings into bag a few at a time, shaking to coat after each addition. When all wings have been coated, remove from bag and place on wax paper-lined plate or tray. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to help set coating.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Carefully lower a few wings at a time into oil. Fry 15-20 minutes or till light brown. Drain wings on paper towel and repeat with remaining wings.
- Place cooked wings in large ovenproof bowl or baking pan; pour sauce over wings and stir to coat thoroughly. Place in oven 5 minutes or so to make sure all wings are served hot.
- Serve wings with celery sticks and bleu cheese dressing on the side.