Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Cheeseburger in Paradise
There's nothing like a restaurant-quality burger in the comfort of your own home. Try this copycat recipe from Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and you'll never make another burger again.
- 28 ounces USDA choice beef chuck, diced
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 8 slices American cheese
- 4 sesame hamburger buns, toasted
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices tomato, .25 inch thick
- 4 slices red onion, .25 inch thick
- 4 toothpicks
- 4 pickle spears
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled, cut into fries and fried golden brown
- Using a meat grinder with a 3/8-inch plate, grind the meat. Change to a 1/8-inch plate, and grind a second time. Shape the ground meat into 4 (7-ounce) patties.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the kosher salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt and celery salt. Mix well.
- Place burger on a hot grill and season with the seasoning salt. Cook the burgers halfway to desired temperature and flip over and finish cooking.
- Place cheese on the burger when it is 3/4 of the way cooked and melt. Place bottom bun on plate. Place burger on bottom bun. Place lettuce, tomato and onion on top of the burger. Cover with top bun and secure with a wooden pick. Place pickle next to the burger. Place fries on the plate.