Cracker Barrel Copycat Corn Bread Dressing
It doesn't need to be holiday time to enjoy this Cracker Barrel Copycat Corn Bread Dressing. Just like you get at the restaurant, this ranks high in my house among copy cat recipes. Make it with some chicken tonight!
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 8 cups day-old grated corn bread
- 4 cups day-old grated biscuits
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 quart plus 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2/3 cup celery
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix onion, celery, corn bread, biscuits, parsley, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter and blend well.
- Add chicken broth to dry ingredients and mix well. The dressing should have a wet but not soupy consistency like a quick bread batter.
- Divide mixture evenly into two 8-inch pans sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at 400 degrees F uncovered for 1 hour or until lightly brown on the top.