The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
Printable Meal Planner Template
Make meal planning simple with this free weekly meal planner!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Meal planning can be a challenge.
But the right tools can make all the difference!
That's why we made this printable meal planner template. The simple design is perfect for planning out your weekly menu and shopping list.
It's never been easier to plan out your meals for the week. Plus, you can write down the ingredients you need as you make your meal plan, making that trip to the grocery store a breeze.
Download your free weekly meal planner PDF here!
Meal Planning Tips
1. Keep a list of meals that you like
So, when you get ready to plan your meals, you have a place to start searching for recipes. Keep a list on your phone, use Pinterest, or try our RecipeLion.com Recipe Box! All will help you stay organized and make meal planning a breeze.
2. Try theme nights
Breakfast-for-Dinner Wednesday (a weekly occurance at my house!), Taco Tuesday, Pasta Thursday, and more can make weekly meal planning really easy. Plus, if it's a meal that your family loves (like pizza!), then you have something to look forward to every week.
3. Include Make Ahead Meals and Freezer Meals
Make ahead meals and freezer meals can be lifesavers on busy weeknights. Make ahead meals can be prepped over the weekend for use during the week. Freezer meals can be prepped even further ahead, so that you have a stash of ready-to-bake meals that you can fit into any weekly meal planning session.
Try some of our favorite make ahead meals here, and then check out our page on freezer cooking tips to get started!
4. Plan for Leftovers
Leftovers are a fact of life, but they don't have to go to waste! Plan a night of the week when everyone can enjoy their favorite leftovers. You can even combine it with an "Everyone is on their own" night, if everyone in your family is old enough to handle dinner for themselves. That way people who want leftovers can eat leftovers. While someone who wants to make a peanut butter sandwich can enjoy that as well!
5. Do What Works for You
Don't feel pressured to keep a fancy Pinterest board of all of your favorite meals (or Instagram your carefully prepped lunches for a month). Do what works for you and your family, and enjoy the extra quality time you have together because you're not worried about dinner. And if one week your meal plan includes mostly cheese pizza and tuna salad sandwiches... that's totally fine. We love to eat those things, too.
If you're looking for more tools to make your kitchen organization a breeze, download these printable freezer meal labels! Printable Freezer Meal Labels
Do you have any meal planning wisdom to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
- How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
- What to do with Fresh Picked Strawberries: 19 Delectable Recipes and Ideas
- How to Store Cut Onions
- DIY Candy Melts
- How to Boil Perfect Eggs
- How to Freeze Eggs
- How to Smoke a Brisket
- How To Make a Chipotle-Style Burrito Bowl at Home
- How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Moist
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Marinated Herb T Bone Steaks
- Southwestern Potato Salad
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Sous Vide Sirloin Steak
- Easy Charlie Brown Halloween Treats
- Crunchy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Frito Pie
- Thai Turkey Burgers
- Copycat Black Pepper Chicken
- German Cucumber Dill Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes