How To Make Delicious Baked Sweet Bread Recipes
By: Bridget Hardy, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Learn How To Make Delicious Baked Sweet Bread Recipes today with our guidance! From very moist banana bread to Amish friendship bread variations, explore the world of sweet bread recipes and find your favorite!
Easy sweet bread recipes are quick because they don't use yeast, but instead rely on baking soda. It's simple! So, don't wait, try our blueberry bread recipes today. Follow our simple step-by-step directions below if you are tentative, or jump to the good stuff (the recipes) further down on this page. Learning how to make delicious baked sweet bread recipes can be as simple and mixing ingredients together and baking them in a pan. We have elaborated on a more difficult recipe below if you want to try harder sweet bread recipes. Good luck!
Featured Recipe: Almond Banana Bread
- Use room temperature ingredients for the best results.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (4 medium bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9-inch by 5-inch inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice and nutmeg together in bowl.
- Use fresh flour or organic flour if it's in your budget. Over-processed, chemically treated and old flour will not produce quality bread like fresh, organic flour will.
- Don't skip over the sifting process. It's important to incorporate all ingredients as much as possible! Sifting helps.
- Add lemon peel and almonds. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- Beat butter in large mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with bananas until mixture is well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Mash ripened bananas with a fork.
- Beat in only a handful of flour at one time. Use your whole arm to stir the bowl in a wide, sweeping motion.
- Mix only until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. There should be lumps. Overmixed dough will produce tough and rubbery bread.
- Bake in center of oven 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Breads require a specific oven temperature. Ensure you have preheated your oven properly and, in this case, station the bread in the center of the oven.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert from pan and cool completely on rack.
For variation, try banana-walnut or -pecan bread: Omit almonds. Add 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans with bananas.
- Fruits can be used fresh or dried or as purees or juices to add complementary flavors to breads. Combinations of fruit can be used to add variety.
- Breads make with baking soda can be left out 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature before baking to improve the texture and flavor of the bread.
- Bake breads quickly after mixing ingredients when using baking soda to improve results. Leavening begins as soon as the wet and dry ingredients meet.
- Use a fresh can of baking powder within 4 months of opening. To test for freshness, place 1 teaspoon of baking powder in a small amount of hot water. Rapid fizzing means it is fresh.
- Oftentimes sweet bread tastes better the next day.
More Sweet Bread Recipes
Now that you know how to make delicious baked sweet bread recipes a success, try these fabulous sweet bread recipes! We've chosen the best of the best and showed you how to make bread without yeast, so choose your favorite fruit or nut for baking bread ingredients and try baking!
Banana Cream Bread with Chocolate - Creamy sweetness that can't be matched by plain banana bread.
Stir 'n' Bake Banana Bread - Very, very basic.
Easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread - Great use for all that zucchini from your garden.
Slow Cooker Zucchini Bread - Another interesting way to make sweet bread.
Zesty Zucchini Bread - Zucchini bread as a pick-me-up snack.
Juicy Blueberry Lemon Bread - Easy blueberry bread recipes fill your home with a wonderful aroma.
Lemon Saffron Bread - Simply a simple lemon bread recipe.
Amazing Amish Friendship Bread - Follow easy steps to make this classic.
Fast and Easy Squash Bread - Baked squash recipes make me feel warm and happy.
Cherry Sweet Potato Bread - Fruit and vegetatble get married.
Summer Squash Cinnamon Streusel Bread - You'll be making this everyday of your summer schedule in no time.
Apricot Date Bread - Only five ingredients!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 31 Easy Dinner Recipes for March
- Classic Greek Baklava
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Grilled Jerk Chicken Sandwich
- Mandarin Beet Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Italian Meatball Tartlets
- Tomato and Burrata Caprese
- Seaside Stuffed Mackerel
- Tomato and Eggplant Pasta Bake
- Frying Pan Pizza