Hearty Beer Bread
Beer bread recipes are a must in our house during the fall and winter months. It's a delicious, hearty bread that is perfect for dunking in soups and stews. With only six ingredients, this beer bread comes together in a matter of minutes.
Regarding ingredients: Non-alcoholic beer works fine too, though I would recommend a darker, amber non-alcoholic beer if you can find it.
Cooking Time45 min
- 3 cups flour (all purpose or a mix of white and whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle room temperature beer (see notes section)
- 3 tablespoons (to 4) melted unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the beer and stir for about 20 stokes, just until the flour is incorporated. (Try and not over-stir the batter.)
- Pour into your prepared pan and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes on a cooling rack before removing it from the pan.
Read NextAmish Apple Bread