Crispy Oven Baked Pork Chops
This is a tasty recipe all will enjoy. Crispy Oven-Baked Pork Chops are full of flavor and make a great weeknight dinner. Instead of a typical breadcrumb coating, these pork chops are breaded with corn flakes. Dip the pork chops in flour, then in a beaten egg, and then the corn flake mixture. While the chops are baking, prepare the rest of the meal - this could include mashed potatoes, green beans, or whatever else you desire.
For more great pork chop recipes, download the America's Favorite Pork Chop Recipes eBook today!
- 6 pork loin chops, approx. 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick
- 1 box corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
1. Combine the corn flake crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sage together in a large flat pan. Mix well.
2. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Pour the flour into a large bowl.
3. Take one chop and dip it into the flour, followed by the egg and finally the corn flake mixture. Set it aside on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and repeat the procedure for the remaining 5 chops.
4. Place the chops on the middle rack of a preheated 350 degree F oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F for medium.