Sticky Rhubarb Muffins
For a fantastic fruity, sticky, delicious muffin, make these amazing rhubarb sticky muffins. They are so yummy you'll want to make a double batch, as they won't last for long! Perfect for dessert, breakfast, or an anytime snack, these muffins will go fast.
Want to know more about how to prepare rhubarb? Check out our collection of 14 phenomenal rhubarb recipes.
Cooking Time25 min
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 cup rhubarb, cut in small dice
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- grated rind of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using your fingertips or a pastry cutter, mix the butter into the brown sugar roughly.
- Stir in the rhubarb.
- Distribute this mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Cream the softened butter and the sugar together, then beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg together thoroughly. To this mixture, add the butter-sugar mixture alternately with the milk. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the orange rind.
- Pour equal amounts of the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool in the pans 5 minutes, then invert the muffin tins and ease the muffins out so that the sticky glaze remains intact.
- Serve warm, with glaze topside.
Read NextAmish Breakfast Puffs