Gluten Free Black Forest Parfaits
If you are eating gluten-free but miss the taste of Black Forest cake, then you are in luck. Gluten Free Black Forest Parfaits are a terrific alternative to the classic chocolate and cherry cake. These parfaits will satisfy your Black Forest craving any day. The recipe makes enough for 6 people, so invite over a group of friends and enjoy this dessert together. This special treat is delightful, and it should be made by anyone who likes the combination of chocolate and cherries.
Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- 1 package (8 ounce) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchtel), softened
- 3 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/5 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 bars (1.7 ounce each) cherry pie LARABAR, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds, toasted
- fresh raspberries, if desired
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, melted chocolate and honey with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped cream.
- In each of 6 (4-ounce) parfait glasses, layer 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture, one-third crumbled bar and 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture.
- Top each with 1 teaspoon toasted almonds. Garnish with fresh raspberries. Serve immediately.