Golden Raisin Macadamia Rice Pudding
Golden Raisin Macadamia Rice Pudding is a great take on your usual rice pudding recipe. It is great as a dessert and even as a healthy snack. You're going to love it.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (13.5-ounces) lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of medium orange
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup of sogolden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and ground
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, coconut milk, sugar, brown rice, vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon, all-spice, golden raisins, spinach and cranberries; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove foil, stir and place back into the oven (uncovered) until liquid is absorbed and brown rice is tender, approximately 30-35 more minutes.
- Set macadamia nuts in the oven on a baking sheet to toast for 10 minutes; remove and transfer to a food processor to grind. Remove ground nuts from food processor.
- Sprinkle with ground and toasted macadamia nuts.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes. Serve warm.