Progressive 5-Piece Canning Tools Set Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Provided by Progressive International
Reviewed by Jordan Sward
Having the right canning tools makes a world of difference in ensuring the process is quick, easy and clean. The Progressive 5-Piece Canning Tools Set is every cook's best friend when it comes to canning jams and jellies, fruits and vegetables, salsa, sauce or anything in between. The set includes a Canning Scoop, Canning Rack, Canning Funnel, Lid Lifter and One Handed Jar Lifter. Whether you're an experienced canner or new to the process, I'd definitely recommend these tools to make everything easier.
Canning Scoop - I love this scoop because of its size and shape. Unlike a ladle, the Canning Scoop is designed with a curved front and sides to make it easy to reach the nooks and crannies of a stock pot. Plus, one scoop fills half of a pint sized jar! Scooping food into the funnel is super easy with this tool, and the clip at the base of the handle makes it easy to rest it on the side of a pot.
Canning Rack - Using a canning rack keeps the jars separated so they are less likely to break during processing. This rack is great because it's reversible, so it easily fits any size jar. One side can hold up to four quart-sized jars and the opposite side can hold seven 4-ounce, 1/2 pint, 12-ounce or pint-sized jars.
Canning Funnel - The Canning Funnel is a life-saver when it comes to clean-up. It fits securely over wide and standard mouth jars so I could cleanly scoop and pour food into jars without having to worry about spills or splashes. This tool makes the entire preserving process super quick and easy.
Lid Lifter - This tool really is like "the magic wand of canning." The magnet at the end of the Lifter safely removes lids from simmering water. Simply tilt the Lifter away from the lid to release it, so there's no need to ever touch hot lids. Not only does this tool reduce hand contact, but it also helps keep things sterile.
One Handed Jar Lifter - When it comes time to lift the jars out of the water, simply grip and lift! The One Handed Jar Lifter has textured, non-slip edges that make it easy to remove hot, wet jars from boiling water. Plus, the curved handles and springs make it easy to remove jars using just one hand.
These innovative tools are some of the most user-friendly gadgets to make the canning process quick, clean and super easy. Armed with this 5-piece set, canners can easily tackle any job in a hurry. For anyone who cans often or wants to give it a try, the Progressive 5-Piece Canning Tools Set will definitely come in handy.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Classic Salisbury Steak Recipe is an old fashioned comfort food recipe you're surely familiar with. A favorite among many Moms… Continue reading: "Classic Salisbury Steak Recipevideocam"
- Chance to Win a Midea Electric Rice Cooker!
- Win an UpCart and UpGrade Bag!
- Enter to Win a Cake Decorating and Crafting Airbrush Set!
- Boon Kitchen Tools Review
- Enter for a chance to win the Red Copper Square Pan!
- Win a Fiesta Skillet Baker!
- Win a Swiss Diamond Prestige Chef Knife!
- Win a La Cuisine Cast Iron Enameled Roasting Pan!
- Chance to Win a Kuhn Rikon Microwave Pressure Cooker!
- Win a Pyrex-Inspired Vintage Charm Mixing Bowl Set!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Butternut Squash Pasta With Chili & Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara Casserole
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Old-fashioned Cranberry Muffins
- Sloppy Joe
- Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Victoria Sponge Cake In Air Fryer
- Beet Salad
- Air Fryer Cheesecake
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes