How To Use Your Recipe Box on RecipeLion
"My Recipe Box" is a neat tool that allows you to save your favorite recipes from RecipeLion.com and store them in one organized place. Our easy how-to guide for tips and tricks will help you get started.
How to Use "My Recipe Box"
Table of Contents
- To save recipes to "My Recipe Box," you will first need to log into your account. If you don't already have an account with us, don't worry; you can create one for FREE! All you have to do is click on either "Sign In" near the top of your screen to log into a pre-existing account or "Register Now" to create a new account. Your login screen should look like this:
- Once you've logged into your account, find a recipe you'd like to save and click on "Save" from the icon bar:
- Once the recipe has successfully saved into your box, you'll see a confirmation screen appear briefly to let you know that you can view your recipe at any time.
- From there, you can either click on the green link to view your recipe right away, or you can continue to browse for more recipes on the site and view your recipe box later by selecting "My Recipe Box" near the top of your screen. And that's it! It's that simple to save your favorite recipes from RecipeLion.com.
- To create folders for "My Recipe Box," you will first need to view your recipe collection. You can see how to do that above. From there, you will see the option to view either "My List" which contains all of the recipes you've saved and "My Folders." Click on "My Folders."
- To create a folder, all you have to do is select "Add Folder."
- A new screen will appear in which you be given the option to name your folder. Feel free to create as many folders as you'd like. We've even given you the option to create folders within folders, for even more organization.
- Once you've created the appropriate folders, you can switch back to the "My List" tab to view your recipes. Sort your recipes into your folders by selecting "Add to Folder" and then selecting your desired folder from the drop-down menu provided. Click "Add to Folder" to finish.
- Make sure you are logged into your account, since you will not be able to add notes without first logging in. Select a recipe in which you'd like to add a note (it doesn't have to be a recipe you've saved in your Recipe Box). Click on the blue "More" button underneath the recipe photo. Then click on the gray paper and pen button to access the "Notes" field.
- Type your note into the screen that appears above. When you're done, just click on "Save Note."
- And that's it! Whenever you're logged into your account and viewing that recipe, your note will appear near the top, just beneath the recipe's title.
- Special Event Planning: If you have an upcoming event in which you'd like to make a specific recipe, your saved recipe collection is an excellent place to store all of your ideas. For instance, if you have a baby shower coming up, you can create a delicious dessert selection - all you have to do is check your saved recipes for inspiration.
- Save Personal Notes: If you want to remember that Bill likes casseroles and Sarah loves salads, you can write yourself a note so you don't forget.
- Plan For the Future: Plan out your recipes with folders to reflect your lifestyle. If you love hosting parties, make a special party folder. If you don't have a lot of time to cook during the week, make a folder for quick and easy recipes.