How to Make Tuna Salad: 6 Tuna Salad Recipes
Tuna salad is perfect for lunch, sandwiches, a light snack, or a picnic. Everyone has a favorite tuna salad recipe, and now with our easy tuna salad recipe collection, you can add some new faves to your list. Most of the recipes below only require a few ingredients and a couple minutes to throw together, so they're the perfect last-minute meal solution. Whether you need an easy deli salad recipe to make for an upcoming potluck, or perhaps a recipe for an impromptu camping trip or day hike, tuna salad is quick, easy, and packed with nutritious protein to keep you going no matter what. You'd be surprised at how many different tuna salad combinations you can concoct, so get ready to explore the ones we've collected for you below.
Table of Contents
How to Make Tuna Salad [Full Recipe]
English Garden Tuna Salad
3 (5-ounce) cans tuna packed in olive oil, drained and flaked
1 rib of celery, diced fine
1 small shallot or ¼ red onion, diced small
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2-3 cups baby arugula
1 English cucumber, sliced or diced
1 avocado, sliced or diced
1. After opening the tuna cans, drain most of the oil. Place the tuna into a medium bowl and flake the tuna.
2. Add the celery, shallot or red onion and toss with the tuna. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the mixture then add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a larger bowl add 2-3 cups of the baby arugula. Top the arugula with the tuna mixture.
4. Add the cucumber and avocado on the side or top. If you prefer you can mix the cucumber and avocado into the tuna mixture then toss with the arugula.
5. Add additional lemon juice or salt and pepper if needed.
For step-by-step directions with photos of this recipe, click here!
6 Easy Tuna Salad Recipes We Love
- 5-Ingredient Classic Tuna Macaroni SaladTuna macaroni salad is an American favorite when it comes to side dishes, and this recipe is a classic. Whip up this simple 5-Ingredient Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad next time you need a quick side or lunch meal. All you need are macaroni noodles, boiled eggs, tuna, mayonnaise, and peas.
- Avocado Tuna Salad SandwichThis quick and easy sandwich recipe is an ideal healthy lunch idea for those looking to add more protein to their diet. With eggs, avocado, light mayo and tuna, this simple sandwich recipe is healthy and delicious. Try it for your next lunch.
- Dilled Tuna & Egg SandwichesCombing both tuna salad and egg salad, these Dilled Tuna and Egg Sandwiches are absolutely incredible. With sour cream, fresh dill, mustard and green onions, the creamy sandwich is perfect to enjoy for lunch or a lite dinner. Serve on a slice of wheat toast and you'll have yourself a meal that was ready in minutes. Enjoy!
- Southwest Tuna Salad SandwichIf you're looking for a way to amp up the average tuna salad, why not try a recipe that packs a little punch? This Southwest Tuna Salad Sandwich takes a new approach to a tried and true recipe by adding elements of Southwestern flavor that you won't be able to resist. Made with cilantro, lime juice, jalapenos, and bell peppers, this is one tuna salad recipe that you'll be craving long after it's gone.
- Greek Tuna SaladTuna salad is great, but what if you don't want the mayo that it is always smothered in? Make this Greek Tuna Salad for your next dinner, and you won't miss that heavy mayonnaise flavor. This recipe swaps mayo for Greek yogurt for a burst of protein, then adds plenty of kalamata olives, cucumbers, and tomatoes for a flavor-packed twist on tuna.
- Avocado Tuna Salad"It's a quick and easy lunch or snack; this avocado tuna salad is healthy, easy, and absolutely amazing!"
What to do With Tuna Salad: 5 Tuna Salad Sandwiches You'll Love
You've made your tuna salad, but now what? The recipes below will give you some great options for what to do with tuna salad once you've fixed the basic recipe. From spicy tuna salad that doesn't use mayo to avocado and mango that steal the show to Italian and French-inspired tuna salad, the recipes below are not only bursting with flavor but with originality like we've never seen. These aren't the brown bag lunches your mom made (sorry, Mom). These tuna salad sandwich recipes deserve an award for deliciousness.
- No-Mayo Spicy Tuna Salad This recipe utilizes your favorite spicy condiment -- Sriracha -- instead of traditional mayonnaise to bring a little kick to your plate in this Asian-forward recipe. All you hot sauce lovers out there, this is the tuna salad of your dreams!
- Nutty Avocado Tuna Salad Do you hate using mayo when mixing up your tuna salad? If so, this the perfect recipe for you. It's made with Dijon mustard and creamy avocado instead. There's also a secret ingredient in this recipe you may not expect... (hint: it's the juice of a beloved veggie).
- Tuna Nicoise Sandwich This French-inspired recipe is great for taking on the go! Contrary to what you might think, it's flavor actually improves when made ahead of time. Go figure.
- Lemon Pepper Tuna Salad With Mango, Cilantro & Lime What a flavor explosion! This recipe is bursting with amazing taste any way you slice it. This is not your mama's tuna salad, but is it A mama's tuna salad -- and an inventive one at that!
- Tuscan Tuna Sandwich Mixed with capers and sun-dried tomatoes and topped with Mozzarella and whole basil leaves, this recipe will take you all the way to Italy in just one bite. If you're into trying new things and ditching the familiar, this is a great spin on tuna salad that doesn't skimp on flavor!
For another easy, throw-together, lunch recipe, try this Easy Summer Caesar Pasta Salad